• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Deep Fried Babyback Ribs

Playing with a few different recipes.

Tell me about your's.....

Met these Cajuns parked next to us at a NHRA event. We traded em beer for food. They got their Weber full of charcoal and got that dude screamin hot. Busted out several racks of ribs and slathered them in mayonnaise. Before we could intervene with the crime in progress or even ask what in the heck they’d been smoking, they coated them in Tony Chacheres and threw em on the grill. The mayo caught fire and flash fried the ribs in about 10 minutes.

We were hesitant, but they insisted. And dem ribs were dang good! If you attempt this method, do not be shy with the heat. Anything less than full flambé and the mayo is yuck on ribs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post

Playing with a few different recipes.

Tell me about your's.....
      Learned about this from a friend’s father a few years ago and Ho Li Shat, some of the best ribs ever.

I haven’t personally made any as of yet but if you have the means and a good recipe you won’t regret it.

Comment

They serve them as appetizers up at a golf club I belong to, and they're great. Heavy dry rub and fry, then serve with Sweet Baby Ray's on the side for dipping. Not conventional but sure good.

Comment

I dont know about the bbq part, but seasoned flour and hot oil makes for a mean rib.

Comment

Team Fish Head sometimes serves up some deep fried ribs that are rolled in our fish batter before frying. It's a taste of heaven!

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
              I dont know about the bbq part, but seasoned flour and hot oil makes for a mean rib.

Yeah.... we are gonna experiment with 2 different techniques. First will be basic marinate, flour, and deep fry and second will be marinate, sear on grill over open fire for some smoke and burnt fat, and then dip back in marinade, then flour and deep fry.

Not sure which will be better, but will definitely let y’all know.

Was just curious if anyone did the fire/smoke first.

Comment

My dad’s favorite way to cook ribs for years has been to slather it in bbq sauce and then throw them on a flaming hot grill until they look burnt. However, they actually turn out pretty good.

Comment

At first I thought this was going to be a Beaudreaux and Tibedeaux joke......

Comment

Don’t have a recipe, but my mouth is now watering

Comment

Started deep frying ribs over 20 or so years ago when deep fried turkey hit the scene. Paper bag, your favorite cajun seasoning in bag and drop in country style pork ribs, shake good to coat and drop in peanut oil. For a little BBQ zing we use Tex Joy BBQ seasoning.

We found the country ribs much better than the spare, KC or baby backs.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                        Started deep frying ribs over 20 or so years ago when deep fried turkey hit the scene. Paper bag, your favorite cajun seasoning in bag and drop in country style pork ribs, shake good to coat and drop in peanut oil. For a little BBQ zing we use Tex Joy BBQ seasoning.

We found the country ribs much better than the spare, KC or baby backs.
                        How long do y'all fry them for? Sounds great!

Comment

I have a friend that makes them and they are awesome!!!!

Comment

Try coating your shrimp in melted Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream before battering and frying them. Delicious!

Comment

This thread is getting TOTALLY out of hand!! Y'all done made me plan a stop at Kroger on the way home for ribs!! These recipes sound like heaven on a bone!!

Comment

Working...
                              X