No announcement yet.

Traffic ticket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to grow up some time, let him work to pay the ticket and added insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas007 View Post
      So my son got his first ticket today in downtown Houston. Officer said that he rolled through a stop sign so it is already a he said vs he said. So for my question. Should he get a traffic lawyer to help him? Work will not allow for me to go to court with him.
      Thanks for any help given
      respect LEO
      Their job is hard enough as it is
      LEO will not lie on your son
      Pay the fine and move on

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
        X100. Get a 100.00 lawyer and ask for deferred adjudication. No tickets in 6
        Months it goes away. No need to even be in court.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Thought is was 90 days of no citations?

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
          Can’t agree with you on this one unfortunately. My first ticket was a lot like this and it was small town cop BS. Left a bad taste in my mouth to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas007 View Post
            So my son got his first ticket today in downtown Houston. Officer said that he rolled through a stop sign so it is already a he said vs he said. So for my question. Should he get a traffic lawyer to help him? Work will not allow for me to go to court with him.
            Thanks for any help given
            Are you certain that its "he said vs. he said?" There's a good chance the officer has it on video.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
              X100. Get a 100.00 lawyer and ask for deferred adjudication. No tickets in 6
              Months it goes away. No need to even be in court.

Only time I ever asked about a deferral it was going to cost 2-3 times more than just paying the ticket

Defensive driving and be done with it

You get 2 points for rolling through a stop sign?
              Or is this his 2nd offense or did I miss the other charge?

Comment

He will be fine, I’d let him handle it and do defensive driving. No biggie if this is his first violation

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                  respect LEO
                  Their job is hard enough as it is
                  Pay the fine and move on

There is no disrespect from our side. Not sure where that came from. My cousin is hpd and have other members that are law enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by hammerdown View Post
                    call kenneth bradshaw and pay him and then neither one of yall have to deal with it. He'll get differed adjudication.
                    👍

Comment

DF driving

Comment

So I got a ticket for the exact same thing in Pasadena. Paid $75 for a lawyer and he got it dismissed. Apparently, because I slowed down enough to ensure I was crossing safely then it wasn’t considered “running the stop sign”. Back then, there was no listing for exactly how long you have to stay at the stop sign before proceeding. I’m not sure if that’s changed in the handbooks, but I’d always rather pay if I have a chance to not have it on my record. 41 years old and only 1 ticket has ever stuck when I was 22 - cause my parents told me to handle it myself, so I paid it and then it was on my record. Parenting FAIL lol

Comment

Originally posted by huntressjourney View Post
                          so i got a ticket for the exact same thing in pasadena. Paid $75 for a lawyer and he got it dismissed. Apparently, because i slowed down enough to ensure i was crossing safely then it wasn’t considered “running the stop sign”. Back then, there was no listing for exactly how long you have to stay at the stop sign before proceeding. I’m not sure if that’s changed in the handbooks, but i’d always rather pay if i have a chance to not have it on my record. 41 years old and only 1 ticket has ever stuck when i was 22 - cause my parents told me to handle it myself, so i paid it and then it was on my record. Parenting fail lol

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                          👍

Comment

We pay lawyers....................

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                              Just contact the precinct on the ticket tomorrow and set up Defer Adjudication if offered or Defensive Driving. Take the course online and be done with it. Simple
                              This. I got a ticket out of town when I was 21. Deferred adjudication wasnt offered so I took the DD.

Comment

a lawyer will not get you something you can not get yourself

defensive driving or deferred is what the lawyer will ask for ,, you can ask for the same without paying a lawyer

with or without a lawyer the high probability exist he will have to pay court costs,,, he would also have to pay for defensive driving if he took the class without a ticket,,, neither option will save money just his driving record and your insurance rates,,,

if he drives so poorly that he gets another ticket, then get a lawyer and make him buy his own insurance

Comment

Working...
                                X