Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pink himalayan salt, or sea salt?

Comment

I have a bunch of different ice bottles in my freezer, some with salt others fresh. I like the half gallon milk jugs best, the square shape seems to pack nicely, but they will leak quicker than others. do have to be careful with the salt ice .. it will keep cold longer, but have frozen contents of the cooler more than once with them.

Comment

Originally posted by boomerball View Post
        I have a bunch of different ice bottles in my freezer, some with salt others fresh. I like the half gallon milk jugs best, the square shape seems to pack nicely, but they will leak quicker than others. do have to be careful with the salt ice .. it will keep cold longer, but have frozen contents of the cooler more than once with them.
        What is the salt to water ratio that you use??

Comment

Been using frozen bottles for years in my coolers. I like use the packets that you can add to water to make them into gel to last longer. (Pick them up from TTHA show. Forget which vendor)

Comment

A couple of posts on this thread make my head hurt. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
              Pink himalayan salt, or sea salt?
              Yeti salt. Don't even have to put it in the freezer

Comment

Originally posted by Vwtechal View Post
                Yeti salt. Don't even have to put it in the freezer
                RTIC Salt is half the price. Lasts just as long.

Comment

Do I put the salt on the steak or steak in the bottle to freeze it or was it the other way around? I’m totally confused! I keep an assortment of plastic bottles in the deep freeze and half the time I forget to use them.

Comment

Salt lowers the freezing point of water allowing the ice to be colder. Same reason you put rock salt in the keg ice or when you make homemade ice cream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, this thread has me rolling .
                      Attached Files

Comment

I made some of these pvc tubes. I am glad I did it before this thread started because I am confused as hell right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BonesandArrow View Post
                          Do I put the salt on the steak or steak in the bottle to freeze it or was it the other way around? I’m totally confused! I keep an assortment of plastic bottles in the deep freeze and half the time I forget to use them.
                          You put the steak in a blender, blend it down. Then pour it into a bottle. Place bottle in PVC and freeze. When frozen, pull bottle out of PVC, cut bottle away from frozen liquid meat. And place on the grill. Pour tons of salt on frozen meat and start grill. Cook meat till it looks done. Or has dissolved into nothing. If the latter happens, drink more beer and go buy another steak. And try again. Be sure to pick up more beer while buying more steak.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                            If you dissolve ice into water before freezing it will actually create salt on the outside of the container.

It's science.

I'mma need you to explain this science...

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                              If you dissolve ice into water before freezing it will actually create salt on the outside of the container.

It's science.
                              come again?

Comment

And this thread is a great example of why I read TBH during the day. I work at home and have no one to amuse me. TBH fills the void nicely and often makes me laugh out loud. Yeti ice, RTIC ice at half the price, adding ice to water makes salt on the outside of the bottle. Can't make this stuff up!

Comment

Working...
                                X