No announcement yet.

LBJ Grasslands 2012 Hunting Seasons Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok guys, I've look on the national forestry website about LBJ, and I cannot find where to get a permit, or how to get a permit. I've hunted Whitney for the past couple years, but forgot to do my survey for last year, so I can't get a permit this year. So now I'm having to branch out further for public hunting. Can y'all gimme some tips or more info? Thanks guys

Comment

No permit needed, only orange, license,& hunter safety if born after 71.
      You will also need to pm me all your good spots when u find them
      Also remember - antlerless during archery season only & " doe days " around thanksgiving
      Last edited by basscast; 08-08-2012, 06:01 PM.

Comment

I need those pm's as well

Comment

Originally posted by basscast View Post
          No permit needed, only orange, license,& hunter safety if born after 71.
          You will also need to pm me all your good spots when u find them
          Also remember - antlerless during archery season only & " doe days " around thanksgiving
          Oh really? So it's not like Whitney where ya have to go to the office and such, ya just show up and hunt? If I find em I'll be glad to share good spots!! Lol.

Comment

Another thing- hows the hunting out there? Don't wanna k own any of your spots just a general overall question? I don't really know anything about LBJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
              Another thing- hows the hunting out there? Don't wanna k own any of your spots just a general overall question? I don't really know anything about LBJ.
              Last season was my 1st year and i liked it, saw a couple of nice young bucks and my friend shot a doe. I only hunted during archery, once shotgun started my buddy didn't see anything else (but he only hunted a couple more times). Stop by the Forest Service office in Decatur and buy a map, the land is broken and scattered. Same as Whitney, some equestrian and a lot of cattle grazing. Also some very nice small lakes / ponds, some units have interior roads u can use. LOTS of poison ivy in spots so beware.

Comment

If you scout it can be good

Comment

Ok thanks guys.

Comment

As Ive heard it said many times...there are NO MORE DEER AT LBJ...that goes for hogs, turkeys and any other game, just tall grass, lease cattle and trail riders

Comment

Originally posted by PastorIke View Post
                      As Ive heard it said many times...there are NO MORE DEER AT LBJ...that goes for hogs, turkeys and any other game, just tall grass, lease cattle and trail riders
                      Ha! Yeah I've said the same for Whitney! I think I'll check it out there.

Comment

Ha! Yeah I've said the same for Whitney! I think I'll check it out there.
                        Hey Jeremy, come down to the shop and i'll show u some deer from the grasslands. I've been hunting it for 3 years and got more than one deer every year.

Comment

Squirrels seem to be every where at times .

Remember, NO Baiting there .

Comment

No baiting. Does that include salt licks

Also, I can't tell from the map if there is designated parking areas...

Comment

No baiting of any kind. There are a few parking areas but most people just park on the aide of the road and walk in from there. I have a few spots.

Comment

Originally posted by nock1 View Post
                                Hey Jeremy, come down to the shop and i'll show u some deer from the grasslands. I've been hunting it for 3 years and got more than one deer every year.
                                Sweet! Yeah I'll be coming by soon! Can't wait to see the new place.

Comment

Working...
                                X