Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Select Baseball 2018

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
    For the first time I am going to step aside from coaching and let my son and few boys from my team go play we’re they can get a different experience. 13U Majors. Not sure of what team yet but they played with Ennis Outlaws this last fall.

I’m in the same boat. I coached my 21 year old who played college ball til he was 12, my junior 17 year old at FM Marcus high school until he was 12 and my soon to be 13 year old till last year. He’s moving on and playing for 2 good friends of mine coaching a new 13U DBAT team. This will be the first season in 15 years not being on the ball field. Spring is not even here and I miss it already.

Comment

Originally posted by Full Throttle View Post
      I’m in the same boat. I coached my 21 year old who played college ball til he was 12, my junior 17 year old at FM Marcus high school until he was 12 and my soon to be 13 year old till last year. He’s moving on and playing for 2 good friends of mine coaching a new 13U DBAT team. This will be the first season in 15 years not being on the ball field. Spring is not even here and I miss it already.
      Did you coach a 12U Rattlers team?

Comment

Select Baseball 2018

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
        Did you coach a 12U Rattlers team?

No. I was an assistant with the Texas Desperados 9-12 this last go round. I know the guys that did though. Their top team (Hunt) is now dbat too out of Lewisville. Kyle Abbot and Dan Ortmeir are coaching them. Both good coaches and friends as well.

We are Dbat Tompkins-Harp.
        Last edited by Full Throttle; 12-11-2017, 07:02 AM.

Comment

No. I was an assistant with the Texas Desperados 9-12 this last go round. I know the guys that did though. Their top team (Hunt) is now dbat too out of Lewisville.
          Gotcha. Rattlers seem to be losing a bunch of teams for one reason or another. They lost another team to Stix and our old team 11U Majors disbanded. It’s a shame because we have some of the best fields in DFW.

Comment

The boys team just finished up a tourney.. came in 3rd but didnt have their best outings last two games.. last game played an elite team that any normal day they would have beat.
            That's baseball.

Real excited for Spring though..these boys play well together.

No more Tourneys till mid/end of January.. lotsa workouts though..

I might have some equipment to sell.. refreshing all his gear due to this growing thing that appears to be happening..
            Some used catchers gear, a bat or 2, etc..

I'll post it here before the classifieds.

Comment

Following, we have tryouts tonight for the 10u Dynasty team, this will be out first spring season with this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finished our first Fall season in AAA and going into our first REAL Spring. Looking forward to it, but dang these politics, lol. Excited to see more growth. No throwing right now, but have been doing some fielding / hitting and start some agility stuff out in Frisco today.

We did lose a kiddo to another team, and still need a couple it looks like for a Spring roster. Politics are pretty crazy, but Kiddo is having fun.

Comment

For those in the Houston/Spring/Tomball area and looking for an organization that knows what they are doing. I would look into "King's Baseball" and head coach Chris Ryan. I just cannot say enough good things about him and his skill set at player development. I coached with him for 3 years and learned a lot from him myself. Good times...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                    For those in the Houston/Spring/Tomball area and looking for an organization that knows what they are doing. I would look into "King's Baseball" and head coach Chris Ryan. I just cannot say enough good things about him and his skill set at player development. I coached with him for 3 years and learned a lot from him myself. Good times...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                    We went with a team more suited to our needs (logistics) and found a great match.. but I will give a shout out to Chris Ryan... his teams are coached well, and they play hard.

Also, if you have an older boy needing hitting instruction... ask Chris about the old man in the cage.. (i cannot remember his name for the life of me), but I could listen to him for hours..
                    Hes a little too edgy for the younger guys...but awesome stories, analogies, and instruction.

Comment

Tough decision for sure. But after finally getting to sit back and watch from the stands I realize that its much better for me to get to watch my kids love for the game grow as a dad instead of a coach!

Seems like lots of teams/kids are going Dbat this season. They started up one here closer to us in Waxahachie as well. I am semi looking for my boy and 3 other kids a team but we may stick it out with outlaws but its more of a backyard/sandlot baseball team and it is fun for the boys for sure. No this and that is right or wrong just go out and outhit outfield and outplay the other team and win. Lots of talent.

Comment

My boy plays for KC Oilers 11U Maroon out of Pearland. Hes been on and off with this team since he was 7. They are solid this fall. They ended up 18-3 in the fall with 3 tournament wins. He is their ace and threw his first no-hitter last night in the ship! He was dealing the entire game. His era was sub 1 this fall and ended up undefeated in his starts. Its fun to watch. Theyre coming in to their athleticism. They will be 11major in the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by topherstrux View Post
                          My boy plays for KC Oilers 11U Maroon out of Pearland. Hes been on and off with this team since he was 7. They are solid this fall. They ended up 18-3 in the fall with 3 tournament wins. He is their ace and threw his first no-hitter last night in the ship! He was dealing the entire game. His era was sub 1 this fall and ended up undefeated in his starts. Its fun to watch. Theyre coming in to their athleticism. They will be 11major in the spring.
                          That sounds awesome!!

Comment

It’s crazy that there are December tourmaments.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
                              I saw a kid get a college scholarship after walking 3 batters and hitting two more. The scouts were buzzing because he could throw 98. They can coach mechanics but can’t coach velocity in most cases
                              x2! Truth

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                                I always laugh when a "Pro Coach" that's 25 says how good the kids will be under him and talks about his career in the majors. I always think unless injured why are you coaching select ball and not still playing in MLB at 25 year old? There are a ton of older players that just won't give it up that are not very good at coaching. I will say they know the game just bad at coaching, but very good at lessons. The biggest problem in select ball is the parents most of the time. When things are good everyone is happy, but when losing they start talking among themselves and things go bad in a hurry.
                                This is true!!! A collegiate player who got drafted does not always make a good coach

But i will take a kid like that anyday over a parent with no experience

Comment

Working...
                                X