Lock your tailgates fellas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
    Thanks guys. I guess that's what insurance is for. I'm gonna look on the bright side bc I'm still luckier than a lot of people. What does the self tightening strap do? Hard to tell in the pic.
    It won't allow the tailgate to be lifted off but could be removed rather quickly if they have any kind of tools. They may not have any but if they do and have more than a minute it's gone. At least the Master Lock would slow them way down.

Comment

Hose clamp

Comment

Gotcha. That makes sense. May have to look into doing all those things at once

Comment

Pop and Lock power tailgate lock. $80 fix. When I lock my truck, it also locks the tailgate. After several guys I work with got theirs stolen to the tune of a couple thousand a pop, it was a no brainer. Plus I dont have to take the keys out of my truck to drop my tailgate like the manual locks they put on at the factory. I dont understand why chevy and ford can put a 60k price tag on a truck and not make this a base item. (Maybe they do now, but they lost me at 60k)

Comment

As mentioned.
            Attached Files

Comment

Just forget to latch your boat trailer one time and use your tailgate to redirect it off the highway and Walla - no one wants your tailgate no mo.

Seriously, it must suck to find it gone.

Comment

Had a buddy get two stolen in 6 months in Dallas. Pretty pathetic. Sorry it happened to ya.

Comment

Freaking theives!

I recently bought a powered lock for my tailgate. Everytime I lock the doors, the tailgate locks. Less than $100 from 4wheel parts

Comment

Can't believe it happened there. As someone mentioned, that's such a nice area. My office is on the access road at 1604/stone oak and I workout at the golds off 281/evans. First thing I did yesterday after reading this was walk outside and lock my tailgate. Sorry this happened to you and good thing your insurance is handling this.

Comment

car-part.com

Check them for a used gate in the correct color.............

Comment

I guess I know why people steal tailgates now. $3000 for a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post
                          A 30 cent self tightening strap from the hardware store stops em form getting it off in most instances.

Sorry bud hate to hear you got hit.

this is all you need

Comment

Put a dented one on nobody wants them......Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Wheelie View Post
                              As mentioned.
                              This is what I did too. Hope I can find the key when I need to remove it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post
                                A 30 cent self tightening strap from the hardware store stops em form getting it off in most instances.

Sorry bud hate to hear you got hit.

Good tip

Comment

Working...
                                X