No announcement yet.

Rucking (Ruck Marching)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a great time! Congrats on finishing. 50 miles in 20 hours is no small feat regardless of the conditions.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Big congrats flatlander!!

Comment

Congrats on the Star Course finish! Some of the AAR's I've been reading sound like that was a horrible good time and that opening movement out and back along the B&O canal was a freaking grind.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
          Congrats on the Star Course finish! Some of the AAR's I've been reading sound like that was a horrible good time and that opening movement out and back along the B&O canal was a freaking grind.
          I was an Army infantry soldier in the 82nd Airborne and we did some stupid rucking, but this is by far the hardest I've ever done. That dang trail seemed to go on forever and most if it had 3-4 inch water puddles covering the road.

People have called it the 'Trail of tears' and from what I understand a large number of people made it out to the turn around and quit there, just 16.4 miles in.

The worst part of the course after that was as soon as you came off the trail to head up to the 3rd waypoint it was about 6 miles almost entirely uphill to the Washington National Cathedral.

Our total mileage was about 54 when all was said and done. We finished, I got my patch and three slices of pizza, jumped in a LYFT to the airport, took a babywipe bath in the airport and landed back in San Antonio at 11:45 Saturday night. I could barely walk to make my connection flight in Atlanta, Motrin wasn't helping anymore. What a trip.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
            Our total mileage was about 54 when all was said and done. We finished, I got my patch and three slices of pizza, jumped in a LYFT to the airport, took a babywipe bath in the airport and landed back in San Antonio at 11:45 Saturday night. I could barely walk to make my connection flight in Atlanta, Motrin wasn't helping anymore. What a trip.
            Saw a video of Jason McCarthy (GR founder) trying to walk to his flight. Wasn't pretty.

Comment

Was sidelined for 3 weeks due to thyroid surgery... went for my first ruck in 3 weeks. Felt good to be back at it. Got some weight that I need to drop. Have not been good to myself in the last couple months...

Comment

Well it has been a while since I've posted on this thread.

Back into it regularly now. Had to start from a lighter weight and work myself back up post-op. But, I've been putting in about 5-6 miles a day with a 25# ruck for 2 weeks and will bump up my weight another 5 or so pounds next week and then introduce the 50# ruck for some shorter 2 mile efforts.

For the year, I'm at 906 rucking miles... so barring any other catastrophe or another unplanned limiter... I should be able to hit the 1000 mark

Comment

I have done 94 miles since March. I did 8 tonight with a 42lb ruck. 1:47:00

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                    I have done 94 miles since March. I did 8 tonight with a 42lb ruck. 1:47:00
                    Beating the standard. Can’t argue with that.

Comment

Did y'all see that 220 pound 22 mile ruck from 22untilone? Pretty impressive.

Comment

So, evidently I suck out loud at resisting peer pressure and signed up for this over the weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Star Dallas.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	24546467

Comment

Nice!!! What date is that?

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                            Nice!!! What date is that?

12 October.

Comment

Start point for the Dallas 50 miler is Trinity Overlook Park. My bet is that will be our long overnight evolution. Anyone from that area know how long that trail system is? Looked up the web page but it doesn't look like it's been updated in a few years.

Comment

I am now at 102!! Ranger panties, boonie, over the calf socks, and boots!!

Comment

Working...
                                X