No announcement yet.

My turn for NZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More pictures from the mountain. Fly fishing this morning. Will post pictures when I get back

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow looks like an amazing trip. Congrats on a heck of a bow kill!

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
        Ha ha. Your turn [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Bucket list for sure!!

Comment

Congrats. Still on my bucket list !!!

Comment

Congrats on the stag!

Soon...
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Outstanding!

Comment

Fly fishing Taupo was great. I don't do it very often so I'm not good at it but got hooked up about 6 times. Long fights, but unfortunately all of them ended with the fish getting off.........except the very last one. Gorgeous river

Comment

Nice!!! Looks like cut throat....I love catching those. You can hunt them like bass.

Comment

Well, finished off the day with a wild ram hunt. Found them on a hillside about 20 yards away. One of the younger ones fed right to us and got within 5 yards. He finally looked up and decided he didn't want to be that close. He ran off about 25 yards. We never moved so he didn't know what we were. Anyways, the bigger ram was broadside about 20 yards. I drew back and let it fly. Watched the arrow go right through him. They ran off about 50 yards and stood there looking at us. I watched and waited for the one I shot drop. It never happened. Couldn't believe it. What the heck. Best I could figure was I shot right through the wool that hangs down about 8 inches. We had to sneak a long way around to get back above them. I got to about 55 yards and had him broadside once again. I let the arrow fly and watched it sail right in front of his nose and right into a tree. I finally had the coveted New Zealand tree [emoji16][emoji23][emoji16]🤣. He ran off another 30 yards down the hill. I managed this time to get within 50 yards. He was hard quartering away. I couldn't seem to settle the pin. I was still breathing hard from hiking the hills on this stalk. I finally touched off the release and watched the lighted nock hit right in front of his back legs. He kicked and ran over the edge. I thought I had hit him in the legs. My guide and I thought we were going to have to use the rifle to finish him off. We saw the sheep on the far side of the hill across the draw. Looked to find my ram and we realized one was missing. We walked over to the edge and looked down. There he was. Dead. My arrow had hit him right in front of his back legs and exited his chest on the opposite side. It had sliced his heart in two. I had him. And got a great sunset to go with it. These things are quite the challenge. It was a lot of fun. Upon skinning we found that my first arrow had actually cut his throat, but not enough to be fatal. I went fly fishing in the morning and shot a ram in the evening. Love this place. If you are considering a NZ hunt please look into Wildside hunting. Definitely worth your time. In the morning I'll become a tourist and rent a car and tour the country side.

Comment

Nice Stag, congrats!

Comment

Nice ram! That will make a nice mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's super cool! Beautiful fish!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the stag! On my bucket list for sure.

Comment

Congrats on an epic trip!!!

Comment

Very impressive Stag! Congrats on a great trip. Awesome pics too thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X