No announcement yet.

RIP Vinnie Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dime, Vinnie, Pete Steele, Hanneman and Dio are probably working on a little something up there in metal heaven right now. RIP Vinnie!
    Last edited by ACCURACYINC; 06-25-2018, 02:22 PM. Reason: ...

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
      interesting takes from another forum when this question was brought up:

Has Phil made any kind of public statement yet?

…." I know what Phil thinks...we all do. It's no mystery. Fact is, he was the only person above ground that VP could channel his rage at in the aftermath of Dime's death. Phil went thru the same crap(pun intended) that most bigtime rock stars go thru BUT he came out the other side, and VP resented that he was still around when Dime wasn't. Sure, Phil fricked sh!+ up when he was a slave to the needle, but he was the missing piece to the juggernaut back in the day...and Phil didn't pull the trigger.

While I can only imagine how hard going on without a piece of yourself was for him, I loathe knowing VP took all that hate to his grave with no reconciliation. He didn't hold a monopoly on missing Dime, and I would imagine most Pantera fans feel the same...just a sad, sad situation...."

....." Vinnie needed someone to hate, and with the shooter dead Phil instantly became the guy. It’s a shame that Vinnie took that hate to the grave with him...."

……" Phil made amends with Dime's girlfriend Rita. I believe she even said he should have been allowed at the funeral. Not sure what the rest of the Abbott family thought of him. Seems like it was only Vinnie that held a grudge. ….."

internet chatter out of Las Vegas seems to believe that VP's COD was a heart attack during his sleep
      Lifelong friend, female, that works in the industry has all but confirmed it was a heart attack. She is friends with Rita. The family is still very quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
        Dime, Vinnie, Pete Steele, Hanneman and Dio are probably working on a little something up there in metal heaven right now. RIP Vinnie!
        You forgot Rhoades.

Comment

Too many gno too soon. I was just thinking if I could make a supergroup from the group of the ones we have lost...
          Dio, Scott Wyland, Layne Staley, Robbin Crosby (Ratt), Randy Rhodes, Chris Cornell, Warrel Dane (Nevermore), John Bonham, and many others. I would have to have several groups because there are so many great talents gone.

Those folks mentioned above, pioneers in their craft... those days are gone never to return. Music nowadays is mostly prefabricated cookie cutter must have a hook every 8 seconds and fit the mold.

Comment

Pantera ! Seriously awesome. VP. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
              Greatest stripper song of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it was the stripper but this is my number one!

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingedge View Post
                Too many gno too soon. I was just thinking if I could make a supergroup from the group of the ones we have lost...
                Dio, Scott Wyland, Layne Staley, Robbin Crosby (Ratt), Randy Rhodes, Chris Cornell, Warrel Dane (Nevermore), John Bonham, and many others. I would have to have several groups because there are so many great talents gone.

Those folks mentioned above, pioneers in their craft... those days are gone never to return. Music nowadays is mostly prefabricated cookie cutter must have a hook every 8 seconds and fit the mold.

Dio was amazing! So was everyone else you listed but man Dio had some pipes!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                    Dio was amazing! So was everyone else you listed but man Dio had some pipes!

He was absolute greatness.

Comment

Working...
                    X