Why is it so hard to find good help?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    hand him a roll of duct tape... take pics and video please.
    '

This. Then go back to Home Depot and exchange for a new Juan

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
      '

I probably laughed at this harder and longer than I should have

Comment

That cut dont look much like a cut. Was that the one he was standing on to reach the dead one

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
          ahh, i thought your hired the guys to do a job for you.

The property contracted us to trim the trees. It was a $25k tree job. This was the last tree to cut. The resident that lives in the unit right there is an old Vietnam vet and he didn’t want “his” tree cut. He had been giving us problems the entire job. So I finally got him calmed down enough to let us do our job. My normal foreman is out sick so I had to use a different t crew but figured it would be no big deal since we are just cutting dead wood. Boy was I ever wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
            '

Lol you win the internet today.

Comment

I had a licensed arborist trim some trees at our house a few years ago. He was very professional when he was bidding for the job, and we came to an agreement on what was to be done, and the payment - payment in full upon completion of the job - which was supposed to be just a few hours. His crew shows up to work and only one guy (the foreman) speaks English, and he's constantly on his cell phone.

His guys start trimming the trees, then stop after a few minutes and start pushing brooms in the driveway. I walk outside and they had barely trimmed anything. When I got the foreman off of his phone, he said that the crew stopped working because the "neighbor lady" was complaining about the noise. I told him I didn't care about her complaints, and if they wanted to get paid by me, they had better get to work. We went back and forth like this for a little bit, and then I told him to either do the job as agreed, or get the heck off of my property and don't come back.

A few minutes later, the foreman knocked on my door and handed me his cell phone. It was his boss on the line wanting to know what I was so upset about. After I explained what was going on, he said he would take care of the problem, and the work would be done as we had agreed on. Sheesh! I learned my lesson after that and won't hire any more licensed arborist unless they agree they will supervise the job in person from start to finish.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                You get what you pay for
                Total BS statement.

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
                  Total BS statement.
                  Not really. You get the quality of work out of the quality of the person doing it. Typically, you pay crap, you get crap. Not always the case, but usually the outcome. Then again, paying more using always better either

Comment

cant fix stupid.

Comment

To be fair my normal crew is VERY good. They are professional, thorough, and fast. I’ve trimmed trees for many members with zero issues. These guys are all paid very well. They just aren’t the normal tree crew. At the end of the day it’s my fault for not waiting till my normal crew was available, but the customer was pressuring me to finish that last tree and like I said, it was just trimming out the dead wood. I thought it was dummy proof but I guess stuff happens. That branch won’t affect the trees long term health or anything so it could be worse I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
                        Total BS statement.

Lol ok

It's true in almost everything, but you think it's BS
                        Last edited by AntlerCollector; 06-15-2018, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                          To be fair my normal crew is VERY good. They are professional, thorough, and fast. I’ve trimmed trees for many members with zero issues. These guys are all paid very well. They just aren’t the normal tree crew. At the end of the day it’s my fault for not waiting till my normal crew was available, but the customer was pressuring me to finish that last tree and like I said, it was just trimming out the dead wood. I thought it was dummy proof but I guess stuff happens. That branch won’t affect the trees long term health or anything so it could be worse I suppose.

But what about that old vet? I bet he's HOT

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                            The property contracted us to trim the trees. It was a $25k tree job. This was the last tree to cut. The resident that lives in the unit right there is an old Vietnam vet and he didn’t want “his” tree cut. He had been giving us problems the entire job. So I finally got him calmed down enough to let us do our job. My normal foreman is out sick so I had to use a different t crew but figured it would be no big deal since we are just cutting dead wood. Boy was I ever wrong.

And now your Vietnam Vet is setting up for a sniper attack and torture and .... who knows what else a Vietnam can think up to do to you for cutting his tree
                            Did he ever yell GET OFF MY LAWN to you during this process ?

RD

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              Lol ok

It's true in almost everything, but you think it's BS
                              Not really, I've paid very well several times and still got crap. In general yes but even the crappy work is getting very expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                                Not really, I've paid very well several times and still got crap. In general yes but even the crappy work is getting very expensive.
                                Exactly......but this is TBH and opposing opinions aren't welcomed by most

Comment

Working...
                                X