No announcement yet.

BEWARE when selling anything with a license plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its called a release of liability form. Its on the DMV website. You might be able to backdate it to the day of sale if its been within 30 days
    Last edited by WalkieTalkie; 05-24-2018, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
      My mother in law GIFTED a suburban to a guy who ran up hundreds of dollars in tolls
      I called it in as stolen and he spent a weekend in jail and suburban was impounded and sold at auction
      Hmmm

Guy goes to jail over false report which is also arrestable. Seems legit

Comment

wow...…….had no idea that could happen. thanks for the insight and good luck.

Comment

Are the tolls on the 49 toll between Whitehouse and I20

Comment

Originally posted by millman View Post
            I know a lot of folks know this BUT for those who don't.....make sure when selling anything with a license plate that you pull your plate before you let it go!! And don't forget you need a bill of sale!

I sold a trailer on TBH in June of 2016 to someone who will not answer my PM's. I am out hundreds of dollars paying toll fees that are not mine and I can't stop the bleeding because the person has not registered the trailer in their name. To tack on insult to injury, I did not get a bill of sale to prove it was sold and no longer mine. Yay me.......

I usually don't get on here with non sense but sure wish I would have thought better and maybe my ignorance can help someone else.....
            Exact same thing happen to me with a guy named Brenton Davis that I traded my 2000 Tundra too for a Honda ATV. I reached out to him multiple times and he just would not pay the fees. It wasn't thousands but he didn't do the right thing. Won't deal with him again ever.

Comment

Originally posted by millman View Post
              I know a lot of folks know this BUT for those who don't.....make sure when selling anything with a license plate that you pull your plate before you let it go!! And don't forget you need a bill of sale!

I sold a trailer on TBH in June of 2016 to someone who will not answer my PM's. I am out hundreds of dollars paying toll fees that are not mine and I can't stop the bleeding because the person has not registered the trailer in their name. To tack on insult to injury, I did not get a bill of sale to prove it was sold and no longer mine. Yay me.......

I usually don't get on here with non sense but sure wish I would have thought better and maybe my ignorance can help someone else.....

Originally posted by txtradesman View Post
              Its called a release of liability form. Its on the DMV website. You might be able to backdate it to the day of sale if its been within 30 days

Comment

I’m currently in the process of clearing my name in the state of Colorado over parking tickets. Never even been to Colorado, but the guy we sold an old car to in 2015 apparently has.

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                  No sir, if he paid cash and there is no bill of salel or proof of a transaction I would report it stolen in a heart beat! He has had plenty of opportunity to answer you and make it right

This or catch him in the parking lot and work him over with whatever you happen to have laying in the back of your truck....[emoji53]

Comment

Would his tbh user name start with either Cody, varmit or swamp?

Comment

To report it stolen when it has not been is a criminal act. That can get the OP prosecuted.

Comment

Was the guy from the city or east Texas by chance?

Comment

download a 130-U form for the next time you sell a vehicle. Fill it out and keep a photocopy after a sale. The buyer needs this form to register the vehicle or you need to accompany him to the vehicle registration office and fill out your part of it there. It can save a lot of headaches to do things the right way. It took me two times to wake up and find out what I was doing wrong.

Comment

i'm confused why they are charging you for a trailer? when i go through tolls, my account is charged, because of the EZ TAG registered to my truck. When i borrow a friends lowboy and go through tolls, they don't charge him or his account, they charge mine. Sounds like the toll road authority is being a little shady also, weather he has an EZ tag or paying cash, the vehicle is what is charged and it is charged per axle. strange.

Comment

Dang Ron that sucks, a Tbh buddy text me yesterday and said hey didn’t you buy a trailer from millman? I said yep bout 5-6 yr ago prob. Of course I also got the paperwork done soon as we got it.
                              I had the same issue with a truck I sold an employee, which he had also turned around and resold a few months later. Title was never transferred. We got rid of the toll charges but my secretary handled it, I’ll ask her what she did.

Comment

Originally posted by bubba joe View Post
                                i'm confused why they are charging you for a trailer? when i go through tolls, my account is charged, because of the EZ TAG registered to my truck. When i borrow a friends lowboy and go through tolls, they don't charge him or his account, they charge mine. Sounds like the toll road authority is being a little shady also, weather he has an EZ tag or paying cash, the vehicle is what is charged and it is charged per axle. strange.

^^ that's what the faq say they are supposed to do what I posted but people are ignoring

Comment

Working...
                                X