Best Attractants for Aoudad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Attractants for Aoudad?

I have several groups of Aoudad visiting one of my feeders. I really want to try and get one on the ground. Problem is they are very unpredictable.

Anyone know what would be the best attractant for them to possibly get them coming in a bit more regular?

All I have out right now is corn. They come in, but at random hours about once every week or two.

Here are a few of the pics from my last trip out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Protein and nothing else. They LOVE it.

Comment

I thought Protien would be good, but worried the cows may never leave if I put a free
      choice feeder out there.

Comment

They will sit at a free choice feeder until it is empty... might be 2 days but they will bed by it.

Had a buddy who swears they love big and j... but in a big feeder that gets exspensive FAST, he was ticked when he had to refill twice in 10 days

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
          They will sit at a free choice feeder until it is empty... might be 2 days but they will bed by it.

Had a buddy who swears they love big and j... but in a big feeder that gets exspensive FAST, he was ticked when he had to refill twice in 10 days

Sounds very expensive!

Comment

No matter what you throw at them their hours will be extremely unpredictable I promise.

Alfalfa and Cotten seed seem to be favorites

Comment

All stock sweet feed !!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                All stock sweet feed !!
                This might be the best suggestion yet

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                  No matter what you throw at them their hours will be extremely unpredictable I promise.

This^^ good luck OP

Comment

Helicopters and grenades.

Comment

Buy the most expensive 3 legged feeder and spin plate you can, then they will feel compelled to destroy it.

Comment

Originally posted by mev002 View Post
                        I thought Protien would be good, but worried the cows may never leave if I put a free
                        choice feeder out there.
                        If cattle can get your feeder, whatever you put out for the aoudad will be eaten by the cattle first.

Comment

Corn, alfalfa, protein

Comment

Good Green Alfalfa & Protein Pellets .. They appeared on Game Cam pics. Now all they got to do is appear when I'm there ... Lol

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post

x2 every aoudad I've seen is very unpredictable at a feeder, saw a 34incher killed at noon. I would recommend alfalfa square bales though, scatter them out where the whole herd can get to them. They will be nervous of it at first but will start eating it like candy. Better build you a feed pen as well cause the cows will eat all the alfalfa in about 10 minutes

Comment

Working...
                              X