Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your oppinion of the best aluminum bass boat

On a budget, and why?

Forgive me for making quite a few of these threads lately. Just trying to inform myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Find a used xpress, you won't be disappointed

Comment

Triton makes one of the best around I owned and duck hunted out of one for 10 years and never a problem. NO leaks and I .probably hit every stump in Lake Palestine at least 5 times each. They have 100 gauge bottoms and has a dry ride for an aluminum boat. Whatever boat you choose I would at least made sure it was an allweld boat. Rivets are nothing but a future leak..
      Last edited by quackaholic1; 06-04-2016, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by quackaholic1 View Post
        Triton makes one of the best around I owned and duck hunted out of one for 10 years and never a problem. NO leaks and I .probably hit every stump in Lake Palestine at least 5 times each. They have 100 gauge bottoms and has a dry ride for an aluminum boat. Whatever boat you choose I would at least made sure it was an allweld boat. Rivets are nothing but a future leak..
        Yea no doubt. Heck I think even trackers are all weld now

Comment

Express if you can find one new or used

Comment

Stay away from rivets, but you can get one used pretty cheap.

Comment

Express
              Best all around value

Comment

A few questions to ask yourself before we can help you with what you are looking for.
                Budget?
                Use? As in is it just you, you and wife/girlfriend or kids.
                Weekend fishing rig or beginner tournament rig, multipurpose recreation tubing / fishing rig.
                Length you would like to try to get into.
                River or lake fishing primarily?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                  A few questions to ask yourself before we can help you with what you are looking for.
                  Budget?
                  Use? As in is it just you, you and wife/girlfriend or kids.
                  Weekend fishing rig or beginner tournament rig, multipurpose recreation tubing / fishing rig.
                  Length you would like to try to get into.
                  River or lake fishing primarily?
                  Pretty open to lightly used, like to stay in the 7-10 range for used. I know new would run me more.

For me and wife and kids one day, but more than not 2 people always on boat

Weekend fisherman, could see myself fishing the local lake weeknight tournaments during the summer and that's it

Comment

Would really like a 17 or 18 footer, lakes.

Comment

Crestliner makes a good boat. All welded and .125" hull. I'm looking at one of there 22' bay boats myself.

Comment

They don't make them any more but if you can find a Tracker Avalanche you will have one built like a battleship. All welded .125 thick aluminum. 96" beam and 18'2" long rated for 175hp. These boats ride like a Ranger and like like a glass boat. Here's mine. I can fish it in 2ft of water.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Gator Trax builds high-quality, shallow water custom aluminum boats so that you can maneuver with ease through whatever water you want to take on.

Comment

when i die my 20 yo xpress will be for sale. hopefully not for several more decades.
                            Last edited by dragonsdaddy; 06-05-2016, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Looking for a dealer for xpress boats. Can't find one in Texas, is that right?

Comment

Working...
                              X