Screwed over on lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screwed over on lease

So for once we had a lease set up for this year. Found the lease, called the guy and talked to him about it, made an offer which he accepted. He told us he would send us over the draft lease to look over and told us while we were waiting, go check out the property then look over the lease and let me know if you have any questions before signing. Perfect! Drove 2.5 hours to see the property (each way,), along with 2 hours there checking it out. We had been on the property for about an hour before he even sent over the draft lease. He then called to tell us he sent it and to look over it and let us know if we had questions. We called him when we left the property, told him one name on the lease was wrong and needed to be changed but other than that all looked good and we asked where we could send the money and signed lease. He then said “Oh, sorry, someone is on their way to sign for the lease, i had no way to contact you to let you know!”
    Now, wait a minute. You told us it was ours for our agreed upon cash payment, sent the draft lease to my email AND called to tell us you sent it. Then you claim you had no way to contact? Give me a break. Dude is a major POS for doing that, but what are you gonna do. Some people suck. Would rather give my money to someone honest and caring. Maybe next year I’ll be able to find a place to hunt.

Dang sorry to hear. I am looking for a lease as well if I come across anything I will let you know

Comment

That was a sorry move on the landowners part.....Someone probably offered him a lot more money without even looking at the property more than likely.
      Just seems people are blinded by money and giving your word means nothing anymore to a lot of people.
      You are better off not having to lease from someone like that, and probably why it was up for lease.

Comment

The nature of the beast here in TX.

Probably not the landowner you'd want to lease from anyway. Odd time of year for a property to be open?

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post

Probably not the landowner you'd want to lease from anyway. Odd time of year for a property to be open?
          Which is why I prefer to hunt public 100% of time. Yes, public has its issues too but at least you're not getting possibly scammed of thousands of dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post

X2, lots of red flags there. Probably would have been a long term headache you are getting to avoid now. Thank God for closing the door for you. Something else will pop up.

Comment

Same thing happened to me and a buddy this year. Guy said he was man of his word and we not worry. Didn’t here from him for al most 3 weeks then says he changed his mind so a buddy of his could get on.

Comment

Going off what you are saying about the situation...consider yourself blessed. You don't want to be under obligation to someone like that anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by LGLP View Post
                  Going off what you are saying about the situation...consider yourself blessed. You don't want to be under obligation to someone like that anyway...
                  X 10 live and learn

Comment

As stated already....as ***ty as it sounds, consider it a blessing and a lesson learned. You, my friend, just saved yourself a lot of money and headache!!

Comment

Remember sir "Everything Happens for a Reason" and even though as you said "Some People Suck" I know without a doubt that something better is coming. It always does and it always will.

Comment

Ditto

Comment

Exact same thing happened to me 25 years ago. Nothing new, a lot of people are POS.

Comment

Thanks everyone. The more we think about it there were some signs we didn’t like but for what he was charging we couldn’t resist but now we know there was a reason it was so cheap. The neighbor of the lease said the land owner hasn’t been out there in the past 5 or so years which concerned me. It is what it is. We are gonna keep an eye out for next year and see what we can do. I was actually just browsing land for sale when I came across the lease.

Comment

Originally posted by LGLP View Post
                              I agree 100% !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X