No announcement yet.

LBJ Grassland 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stole my stand two years ago. Be careful what you say on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
      Stole my stand two years ago. Be careful what you say on here.

Indeed. Fell short of describing my vehicle, although I'm always tempted to join in on comradery. Too obvious.

I hung a cheap ****'s sports lock-on and took away a climbing stick. Them that wants it will have earned it (in thievery circles) but the prize isn't worth the trouble. Should mention that I put razor blades in the tree where you'd climb to get the stand. Again, not worth the trouble.

Disclaimer: There are two truths and a lie in the above.

Comment

Should've known the mods would have bleeped out ****'s Sports.

See? They did it again.

Comment

yea i didnt think about posting my truck description on here i thought it was safe.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

I kinda hung it to test the waters and see what was moving in that area.

Saw alot of deer sign, but it was close to a gas line clearing and I'm sure it would have been visible at dark.

Was just a cheapo $24 Wal-Mart job, but definitely makes me rethink my hanging strategies. Hung it Thursday after work and was gone when I got there at noon Saturday so less then 72 hr limit for the warden/rangers to remove.

Next time I hang a stand and leave it overnight I'm putting a locking cable and taking sticks. I have some hawk helium sticks I converted to rope hang, they go up pretty easy and quiet.

I've actually seen a couple TBH stickers on the unit I've been hunting. Saw someome in a dark gray late model f150 with a big spot light on top of the cab.

Hope that means it's a good unit =) I know there are some nice deer there, now if I could just get them to show up when I'm there lol

Comment

Originally posted by quickstrike View Post
              yea i didnt think about posting my truck description on here i thought it was safe.

Me too. I'm new to hunting the grasslands this year.

Has there been any "instances" that you know about?
              Everyone I've ran into has been really cool so far.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeC View Post
                I kinda hung it to test the waters and see what was moving in that area.

Saw alot of deer sign, but it was close to a gas line clearing and I'm sure it would have been visible at dark.

Was just a cheapo $24 Wal-Mart job, but definitely makes me rethink my hanging strategies. Hung it Thursday after work and was gone when I got there at noon Saturday so less then 72 hr limit for the warden/rangers to remove.

Next time I hang a stand and leave it overnight I'm putting a locking cable and taking sticks. I have some hawk helium sticks I converted to rope hang, they go up pretty easy and quiet.

I've actually seen a couple TBH stickers on the unit I've been hunting. Saw someome in a dark gray late model f150 with a big spot light on top of the cab.

Hope that means it's a good unit =) I know there are some nice deer there, now if I could just get them to show up when I'm there lol

Sounds like you saw me there when did you see my truck ? I've been here since Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post
                  Sounds like you saw me there when did you see my truck ? I've been here since Saturday

Yeah, was checking my cams Saturday afternoon and passed your truck driving in. That's a big light lol

Comment

Yeah, was checking my cams Saturday afternoon and passed your truck driving in. That's a big light lol

Yea I like it for hogs in open fields not a monster but nice and wide

Comment

Hi all. You fellas ever have luck hunting the wild persimmon trees up there. I've been thinking about setting up on some of the heavier producing trees. I found a whole bunch of trees two weeks ago. Thoughts? Thanks! I'll be ther Saturday and Sunday. 2013 F150 crewcab 4x4. Good luck all.

Comment

Me too. I'm new to hunting the grasslands this year.

Has there been any "instances" that you know about?
                        Everyone I've ran into has been really cool so far.
                        I have been hunting the grasslands for over a decade and the only stands i have heard of being taken were by the game wardens. Because of the 72hr rule, but i also don't go looking for peoples stands or game cameras in the woods. A few years ago I walked up on 3 guys filling gravity feeders and it was deep in a unit and it turned out they where off the private property behind the unit, and other then your few druggies you get coming around and kids drinking it is fairly quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by quickstrike View Post
                          I have been hunting the grasslands for over a decade and the only stands i have heard of being taken were by the game wardens. Because of the 72hr rule, but i also don't go looking for peoples stands or game cameras in the woods. A few years ago I walked up on 3 guys filling gravity feeders and it was deep in a unit and it turned out they where off the private property behind the unit, and other then your few druggies you get coming around and kids drinking it is fairly quiet.

That's good to hear. Assuming you are a bowhunter (tbh) does this usually continue during the gun season? it has been quiet for me too so far, so I'm considering continuing my bowhunting into gun season.

The LBJ officials said it was a "zoo" when the guns start firing, which isn't surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post

Where you scouting with a buddy Sunday afternoon. Saw a similar truck and spoke with the guys for a minute after hanging my stand.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post
                              That's good to hear. Assuming you are a bowhunter (tbh) does this usually continue during the gun season? it has been quiet for me too so far, so I'm considering continuing my bowhunting into gun season.

The LBJ officials said it was a "zoo" when the guns start firing, which isn't surprising.

It depends i find most gun hunters to be on the big units that you have a 80-100yard shot i also have noticed in the last few years there is a lot of walk and stalk hunters with guns. I bowhunt the smaller units during rifle season and try and stay away from the rifle hunters if possible the probability of getting shot increases dramatically during rifle season.

Comment

Hogman and JoeC - I hunt that unit as well. Was on the other side of the property Saturday morning and saw Hogman's truck when I checked a camera afterwards. Will be sure to say hi if I run into either of y'all. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X