No announcement yet.

Tree asp sting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got stung by one when I was a kid while at my friend's house. His grandmother put baking soda then vinegar on the site to get the hairs out as soon as it happened. Worked like a charm and only hurt a little while.

I got popped on the arm in some shrubs as an adult and didn't realize what had gotten me so it didn't get the same treatment. That sucker swole up and caused my elbow to hurt for several days.

Comment

Head hurts and neck is swollen and stiff this morning and I ain't even in rut.

Comment

Ugh those things sure do hurt. Worse to me than a scorpion...I hate em.

Comment

I used to get hit by those as a kid. It seems they like hackberry trees (about the only thing that does). I hope you get over the pain quickly. I know it hurts!

Comment

I got stung on my arm about 3-4 inches up from my wrist. Burn like heck and got a knot under my armpit area. Don't know what that was all about but it hurt like helllll.

Comment

I've never had the misfortune of being stung by one. How does the pain compare to, say, a bull nettle? Now those things HURT.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                I've never had the misfortune of being stung by one. How does the pain compare to, say, a bull nettle? Now those things HURT.
                From my experience with both, bull nettles aren't in the same zip code. Asps hurt worse than any sting I've had, and I've been hit by every stinging critter in NE Texas.

Comment

My daughter in law brushed against a branch of one of our trees walking from her car and got hit. We started looking and found over a dozen in that small area of the tree. Looks like I need to spray all my trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
                    From my experience with both, bull nettles aren't in the same zip code. Asps hurt worse than any sting I've had, and I've been hit by every stinging critter in NE Texas.
                    Holy crap. That must be one helluva sting then.

Comment

Those mother #$@%# get your attention in a hurry!

Comment

So is it a caterpillar? I'm not sure what it as I have never seen or heard of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chasing_bone View Post
                          So is it a caterpillar? I'm not sure what it as I have never seen or heard of them.
                          It's the pupa stage of the pu s s moth.

Here's some more details about them I found:

The Asp is a toxic caterpillar. It is toxic to the touch. It is also known as the Puss Moth Caterpillar. You can see what it looks like in the video.

Comment

I got hit about 3 weeks ago up in Centreville. I was on the tractor mowing underneath some trees and ducking down under some branches when One landed on my neck. Felt like somebody was holding a Bic lighter to my skin for about 30 minutes

Comment

Here's to a quick recovery and hoping I never get hit by one.

Comment

Working...
                              X