• Show
Clear All

Neem oil

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
      Neem oil
      Yea, what he said...

Comment

Pulled a dozen tomatoes off. These r some of the big girls...
        Salt, pepper and garlic!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Scotty, how do you cut back tomato plants? Never tried that, but since ours got whacked so bad with too much water, I might try that with the survivors...
          I'm wondering how this is done also. How far do you cut it back? All the way to a stub?

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
            I'm wondering how this is done also. How far do you cut it back? All the way to a stub?

That's what I'm wondering.
            I'm going to cut some way back and others just the dead stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore2006 View Post
              Yes I layed the bales down packed them tight end to end and drove stakes. Once staked I cut the twine and used garden pruners to bust out planting holes. I filled using compost/manure. This is my first time with this method. Seems popular with Pinterest. 9" of rain backed up water here and probably wouldn't of happened again this year but I wasn't taking a chance. Thankfully we have put up a dozen jars of pickles, 2 dozen jars of tomatoes and 6 gallons of peppers already so a fresh start won't hurt too bad. Hopefully it didn't get my sweet corn time will tell
              Friend used this and got some hay treated with herbicide and now his plants are all very sick. I think straw wheat or oat hay would work great.I use wheat straw for mulch and never had this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
                Just cut them back to a foot or so. Cut all of the branches so it's just a stalk. New growth will start at all of the joints. I typically don't do it until later in the season. The hottest months of the year are coming up and you don't want them to get going too soon. A lot of times I end up with green tomatoes in the fall(which we like). I would suggest some sort of shade feature if you plan on it doing it now.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                  Just cut them back to a foot or so. Cut all of the branches so it's just a stalk. New growth will start at all of the joints. I typically don't do it until later in the season. The hottest months of the year are coming up and you don't want them to get going too soon. A lot of times I end up with green tomatoes in the fall(which we like). I would suggest some sort of shade feature if you plan on it doing it now.
                  How late in the year do you like to do it? Do I need to wait until it cools down like October?

Comment

Here's a few pics of the garden. All in all we are looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post

Here's a few pics of the garden. All in all we are looking good!
                      Yessir! Y'all are gonna make a garden yet! Looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                        How late in the year do you like to do it? Do I need to wait until it cools down like October?
                        I usually do it in mid august.

Comment

Way to stay with it Shake n Bake.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

I finally got my first mator bloom yesterday. Got 5 plants with blossom bowls now. Two are still struggling to make 10" tall.

A lot of the chillies are putting on blooms. Some are still struggling. Many are taking off once they get over the shock from transplant.

Real nice soak-n rain going on here since daylight. Expected to stop about noon.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Cucumbers getting flowers and the peas are ready for picking.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Anyone have ants bothering their blooms on their okra? Noticed this yesterday. Was going to just put some seven dust around the bases, but it was suppose to rain this morning. I waited, but shall do soon. Anyone else experience this? Angie

Comment

Working...
                                X