Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fanny pack advantages over a traditional back pack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fanny pack advantages over a traditional back pack?

seen several guys talk about their Badlands packs and have seen these big fanny packs with the "harness" or "suspenders" for sale in the Classifieds and at Cabelas and BPS.

is there something inherently better about these then my regular Joe Backpack?

a man can never have too much gear - just looking for an excuse to buy more stuff! tell me why I have to have one of these fanny packs...

Take a look at the Gameplan Spot-n-Stalk

Last pack and quiver I will ever buy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	gameplangearspot-n-sta.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	23860336
    Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
    l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
    ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
      Great info Joey!!! I can't see where a fanny pack could possibly have as much room.

Comment

Last pack and quiver I will ever buy!

[ATTACH]65538[/ATTACH]
        Is that what everyone refers to as your "man sack"???

Comment

Originally posted by raiderbowhunter View Post
          Is that what everyone refers to as your "man sack"???
          Yessir!
          Ultramatic Feeders

/l _ ,[____],
          l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
          ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

I hunt a lot of Public land with a climbing stand that I where on my back on the way in. No room for a backpack, so I went to the large fanny pack.

Comment

Yessir!
              huh, i have to disagree with everyone that calls it that...looks nothing like a murse to me!

Comment

huh, i have to disagree with everyone that calls it that...looks nothing like a murse to me!
                ITS EUROPEAN............

Comment

i switched to the fanny due to my regular pack being overloaded with weight. It's eaier for me to hike with the weight around my waist insteadof tugging down by back. Mine has the shoulder straps as well as waist.

Comment

I cant call it that?

What should I call it?
                    Ultramatic Feeders

/l _ ,[____],
                    l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                    ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

It gives your hunting buddies something to joke about. At least that's what mine does.

Functionally speaking I like it because it is small and hold everything I need. A full size backpack would be overkill for me. That Spot and Stalk bag Joey posted looks cool.

Comment

I switched to the big fanny pack (Rancho Safari 6 1/2) several years ago after a couple day trip elk hunts in the Rockies. The back packs made my back sweat really bad, no matter how cold it got. Then I stunk, and when I stopped and tried to sit, my back froze 'cause it was wet. I switched to the fanny pack to keep the pack off my back. It was a good switch for me, and with the pack I have, it has clips to attach a top pouch to it that expands the pack so that it will haul out a whole elk quarter. It's well made, quiet and waterproof...

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
                          i switched to the fanny due to my regular pack being overloaded with weight. It's eaier for me to hike with the weight around my waist insteadof tugging down by back. Mine has the shoulder straps as well as waist.
                          Me too. I don't use a backpack until it gets cold enough that I need extra clothes. Otherwise I just use the Badlands Monster Fanny pack and it carries all the gear I NEED and then some.

Comment

i dont think i can were anything with to word fanny in it even if it is big. I can live with day pack though. a friend of mine has one he take dove hunting we make fun of him every time

Comment

I have both, just depends on where I am hunting on which one I use. While elk hunting I carry a backpack. Mainly because the weather is so unpredictable with crazy temperature swings and I always end up further away than I should from camp etc. Need everything to make it through a warm day and the possibility of an unplanned cold overnight stay. If close to town I still have my backpack in the truck but I use a fanny pack while hunting. Both have their uses.

Jerry

Comment

Working...
                              X