Another GarFish Survey from TPWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another GarFish Survey from TPWD

I have not filled it out yet but thought others would be interested. I'm definitely one that is interested is seeing what questions (or how they are asked) are being used to make serious freshwater fishery decisions. If this does not designate by water ways/tributaries or even regions they are just going through the motions.

I just filled it out this morning. It does ask if you favor different restrictions on different water bodies.

Comment

I just finished it. I wish they would go to a more liberal limit for the Trinity watershed at least.

When they went to 1 fish, we pretty much quit bowfishing. Not worth the trouble for that.

Comment

Tagged for later

Comment

It also requires your zip code. Another question specifically ask about the Trinity river.

Comment

I just filled it out

Looks like they’re trying to really restrict the harvest of gar.

Seems like they don’t like bow fishing either?

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

just got around to it. Interesting on how some questions make you geaux …………..HUMM! All in all, I am pleased they are doing it because now I expect to be in the loop on how this will proceed. (I think I have said that before and was completely blind-sided.)

Comment

Just completed it. Dang questions could be slighted.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    Just completed it. Dang questions could be slighted.
                    They're conducting a psychological profile on respondents? This has LWL written all over it....

I'm pretty sure TPWD has already decided what they're going to do and are looking for the best way to implement it, least amount of flack.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                      They're conducting a psychological profile on respondents? This has LWL written all over it....

I'm pretty sure TPWD has already decided what they're going to do and are looking for the best way to implement it, least amount of flack.
                      Agreed.

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                        https://survey.tpwd.state.tx.us/Take...e=govdelivery#

Seems like they don’t like bow fishing either?
                        I'm just curious as to what makes you believe they don't like bowfishing, based on what you saw in the survey?

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
                          I'm just curious as to what makes you believe they don't like bowfishing, based on what you saw in the survey?

Several questions about catch and release

That’s rod and reel stuff

Also questions about how many caught versus harvested

Stuff like that indicates to me, the slant they are wanting to promote

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Appreciate your response, Gummi Bear.

My personal take on those questions (which I am not suggesting is correct) is that these questions are included to get an idea about catch related mortality (to the extent that a questionnaire would allow).

Comment

I think that a stamp and yearly limit is soon to come.

Comment

Working...
                              X