Have you seen the new Sea-Doo "Fish Pro?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you seen the new Sea-Doo "Fish Pro?"

Billed as the first personal watercraft specifically designed for fishing. Quite pricey at $15,000 but it would be a pretty cool option for zipping around the bays and flats on the coast. It has a platform on the back so you can stand and cast.

I bet they are gonna sell a ton of those things.

Comment

I have seen some other smaller craft with a 30 hp outboard on them that would be a lot better than that, not sure what they are called, seen two of them on Broken Bow lake, and they sit two people side by side.

Comment

Day fishing only I guess, can't have a jet ski on the water after sunset.

Comment

^^^^^wut???

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
            I have seen some other smaller craft with a 30 hp outboard on them that would be a lot better than that, not sure what they are called, seen two of them on Broken Bow lake, and they sit two people side by side.
            There's another one out there called a jet angler, it's a stick steer kayak, really neat. If the seadoo had a livewell I could see the point but it doesn't.

Comment

People already rig jet skis out for fishing with: rod racks, cooler rack, depth finders, and extra fuel capacity. They actually use them to go to the short rigs to fish. Sea-doo is finally capitalizing on the market.

Comment

fished one before and they work. but in shallow water, they pull in weeds(not this model) and I had to constantly get off to clear water intake.
                But i got to my spots super quick!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackal View Post
                  People already rig jet skis out for fishing with: rod racks, cooler rack, depth finders, and extra fuel capacity. They actually use them to go to the short rigs to fish. Sea-doo is finally capitalizing on the market.
                  I fish off my Kawasaki, but I don't have it all tricked out. I don't live right on the lake, but I can be on water in two shakes. Its great for chasing sandies.

Comment

I saw a center console jet powered boat the other day. Probably 16 foot, leaning post etc

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                      There's another one out there called a jet angler, it's a stick steer kayak, really neat. If the seadoo had a livewell I could see the point but it doesn't.
                      I think I seen something like that, it looked pretty cool.

Comment

I like that concept. I bet it’s tough in big water though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

From my experience fishing in the Laguna Madre on a jet ski is the impeller, If they haven't found a way to keep the floating grass out of the intake pick up it will be shutting down every few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            I saw a center console jet powered boat the other day. Probably 16 foot, leaning post etc

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

A quick search turned this up:

Yamaha Introduces Jet Powered Fish Boat In Miami: Yamaha made quite a splash at the 2015 Miami Boat Show introducing the first center console fishing oriented jet boat.

Pretty freakin cool!

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                              A quick search turned this up:

Yamaha Introduces Jet Powered Fish Boat In Miami: Yamaha made quite a splash at the 2015 Miami Boat Show introducing the first center console fishing oriented jet boat.

Pretty freakin cool!

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

I own this boat in the 190 model and love it so far. I mainly fish freshwater for blues and crappie but plan to take it to the coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X