No announcement yet.

Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great video Coachwhip, do you like the Breach?

Jason

Comment

Been killing a few with my pulsar trail and flir

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

#diepiggydie Sows down with a 110 yard head shot using a 165gr Federal Fusion in Goliad County w/ the POF P-308, a IRMK3-60 Mk3 60mm Thermal Weapon Sight and a Dead Air Silencers Sandman L w/ Rifles Only HAD Suppressor Cover.
        @third_coast_thermal provided the Trijicon mk3 60mm.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you Jason, I'm really liking the Breach for a scanning tool I rigged it as a helmet mount with an external power supply and leave it on for the most part the entire hunt. I learned quick that the Breach is a battery hog for 123s but runs all night with external power. The outdoor alert palette on it lets me know pretty quick whats around. I appreciate all your reviews especially this one which made it easier to know what I was purchasing without any surprises! Thanks
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0592.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	24556474

Name:	IMG_0593.jpg
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	24556475

Name:	IMG_0594.jpg
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	24556476

Comment

for a more economical option, anyone tried the Pinty's?

looking at this one but not many reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebow88 View Post

Lol read the thread title again.

Comment

If you’re getting a scope, a red dot, and a laser for $90. None of em are gonna be worth a ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Some hunting goodness

Comment

100% more suchage than even the counterstrike was.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                      I'm sorry there was a lot of Greek in there. That's my bad. Let me sum it up this way..... The new $1,999 ATN ThOR unit might be a really good optic or it might be a very entry level optic where you'd be disappointed with the actual quality/usability and should spend more to get something more usable. We just have to wait and see. Also, the new ThOR's should have all the same bells, whistles and features that the new X-Sights will have because they have the same brain or guts on the inside.

I hope that makes more sense. But yep, it's going to be a wait and see deal, in my opinion.

LOL! That flopping around was hilarious! Great shooting.
                      Jason, can you update us/me on your thoughts on the ATN Thor.
                      My Landowner and his son are looking at getting Night Vision.

I thought I read some where that the ATN wasn't using the current generation thermal cores that they was 2 sometimes more generations back.
                      For some reason I thought you shared that, but I'm unable to find it or anything other reviews on them....

Comment

Originally posted by coachwhip View Post
                        Thank you Jason, I'm really liking the Breach for a scanning tool I rigged it as a helmet mount with an external power supply and leave it on for the most part the entire hunt. I learned quick that the Breach is a battery hog for 123s but runs all night with external power. The outdoor alert palette on it lets me know pretty quick whats around. I appreciate all your reviews especially this one which made it easier to know what I was purchasing without any surprises! Thanks
                        That's a cool looking setup, nice job on rigging that all up with the external power. Glad to help with the reviews!

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                          Jason, can you update us/me on your thoughts on the ATN Thor.
                          My Landowner and his son are looking at getting Night Vision.

I thought I read some where that the ATN wasn't using the current generation thermal cores that they was 2 sometimes more generations back.
                          For some reason I thought you shared that, but I'm unable to find it or anything other reviews on them....
                          Push,

I'm going to try and word this diplomatically but the best advice I can give is, stay away from the ATN thermals. There is literally not a single good reason to buy one. Getting it 50% off is not a good enough reason. I hope this changes in the future but for now it is what it is. Things seem to have only gotten worse, not better.

That wasn't me ( I don't think....lol) that said that about their thermal cores but ATN has several problems that they choose to not overcome. Without turning this into a bashfest, I'd just say this..... They have major customer service issues and it is not a secret. Just search any hunting forum for reviews of their customer service and it gets ugly quickly. I spoke with a ATN user about 2 weeks ago who owns two of their scopes, both aren't working and they told him to send them in (under warranty) and they'd fix them but it would be 2-3 month minimum turn around time. The last 3 defective (brand new out of the box) optics I sent them all took over 2 months and one was only a few days less than 3 months to get back.

There is a reason that the majority of the legit mom and pop NV/thermal dealers like myself don't sell ATN thermal. Again, this is something that I hope will change in the future but for now, I have no choice but speak honestly about what I've seen repeatedly with my own two eyes.

Comment

Only looked thru one “lower end” thermal
                            But my question is for old guys that need reading glasses.
                            Does the thermal picture require reading glasses if you need them to read like I do.
                            I had difficulty making sure I was seeing hogs not deer or cows.
                            By the way, one if the most exciting hunts of my life.

Thanks

BP

Comment

Going to purshase another thermal. For 75-200 yd shots what would be best? Pulsar xd 50 or flir Pts 736

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                                Going to purshase another thermal. For 75-200 yd shots what would be best? Pulsar xd 50 or flir Pts 736
                                What are you going to be hunting and where? If coyote hunting in big open country the 736 would be good. If your hog hunting you Wouldn’t want the zoom of the 736. Hogs are easy to walk up on at night if you get the wind right. We kill most of ours at 30-40 yards.

I’d go with the PTS 536 If mainly coyote hunting or xp50 for hogs. Everything I’ve read on the 736 is that it’s a little to much zoom and limited FOV
                                Last edited by kkp005; 10-22-2018, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X