12-24 Axis buck down !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12-24 Axis buck down !!!

I got in my pop-up blind about 6:40 am. I was telling myself it was the perfect morning and was bound to see something. About an hour into the hunt, I was watching a young buck eat corn. About 8:30 am, I heard an Axis buck bellow about a 200 yards away. I have heard them before but never that close. A couple of minutes later I peaked out a window and saw the buck walking towards the corn. I couldn't see antler but i could tell by the walk it was a buck. OMG !! finally after 15 months of hunting for Axis, I was going to have an opportunity to kill. I started to shake. I remember thinking if i was in a tripod i would have probably fallen. So the buck gets in my shooting lane, I draw and he spooks and runs off. I go off dropping about a 1000 "F" bombs. And after about 2-3 very long minutes, the buck comes back (which by the way never happens to me). He poses in my shooting lane, I waist no time, draw, and send a Grizz his way and BAM!! perfect shot. (which does not always happen). At this time, I am freaking out and shaking uncontrollably (you gotta love bowhunting). I had a really good bloodtrail and found the buck about 60-70 yards away. That my friends.... was a good day. JJ

I shot this Axis buck with my Bowtech Destroyer 350. I hunted a dry creek bed and got very lucky.#bowhunter #axis #texasbowhuntinghttps://www.instagram.com/...

Congrats, is your name Jimmy johnston??? Mine to!!

Comment

Originally posted by saltwater View Post
      Wow. I think I'm getting your bills!!

Comment

Nice video and great axis buck....congrats

Comment

Originally posted by saltwater View Post
          I'm kidding. Thx for watching

Comment

Awesome!!! Hard to beat a big bull axis.
            Great video as well

Comment

Nice video and axis.

What's the name of the first song playing on the video?

Comment

You da man Jimbo! I know how much effort you put into this first hand and couldn't be happier for you. You've earned every bit of that big ol SOB. Hours and days and months of striking out and you finally connect with a monster. Hella ov a job Brodawg!! Congrats and what a Xmas present !!!

I've been hunting with Jimmy a lot and have been there to witness the madness of him chasing giant Axis bulls. For well over year he's been feeding corn, alfalfa, molasses and few other secrets trying to get these elusive beast within bow range. We couldn't have seen less than a dozen trophy bulls on cameras through out the past year but being in the right spot at the right time is never ending battle. It got to the point that he ditched the feeder scene and spent his days hunting creek beds just hoping to catch one of them passin through. A true free range hunt and he got it done !!

Comment

Great video and that's a monster!

Comment

What a beast! Did you get a weight on that dude? Congratulations!

Comment

He's a good one
                      Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                        Nice video and axis.

What's the name of the first song playing on the video?
                        I don't know the name. It's on the imovie list of sounds

Comment

That was a great video JJ! Great footage amigo. Looks like the Grizz ate!

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
                            What a beast! Did you get a weight on that dude? Congratulations!
                            No bro I didn't. Honestly it never crossed my mind. I guess I should have.

Comment

Nice he was a big one. Congrats on getting him.

Comment

Working...
                              X