Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which cost share insurance?

MediCare, Liberty, Samaritan, etc...

We have to find insurance in September since my wife decided to quit teaching and stay home with the baby. It will be for her and our three boys, 8,4, & 1. What do you suggest green screen?

I'm in same boat really looking at going to something like this.

Comment

My wife is looking at Christian care 360 right now. But I don't know details.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

We are with Samaritan Ministries. Any dr. Bill over $300 is taken care of by members, we pay $495/month for me, my wife, and our 2 our old. If i remember right it covers up to $250k per incident/occurence. That depends on the plan you get they have a couple different ones. Feels better each month knowing youre actually helping someone else than paying into a large insurance company.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the responses, I'll have her check into the Samaritan.

Comment

Which cost share insurance?

We’ve been using Christian MediShare for about a year now and no complaints. My son and his wife also just joined. My former health insurance broker also has his family on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Any other updates on this?

Comment

We've been with Medishare for 6 years. No complaints except the rate increase every year on my birthday(I'm 52). I guess every other "insurance" increases every year as well.

Comment

Samaritans for my family. They’ve been great so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We're on Medishare. No coverage maximums. Last year son had two hospital stays with both bills being over 20K. We paid our Annual Household Premium of 5K. That was it. That's not per person, that is for anyone on our plan. However, if you have family members on prescriptions, it can be costly as there is no Rx coverage and no mental health coverage. Our son has ADD/ADHD and the dr. visit is cash pay and meds are cash pay using GoodRX (it's an app) discounts.

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
                      We're on Medishare. No coverage maximums. Last year son had two hospital stays with both bills being over 20K. We paid our Annual Household Premium of 5K. That was it. That's not per person, that is for anyone on our plan. However, if you have family members on prescriptions, it can be costly as there is no Rx coverage and no mental health coverage. Our son has ADD/ADHD and the dr. visit is cash pay and meds are cash pay using GoodRX (it's an app) discounts.
                      I am actively looking into this. Does this seem to operate pretty similarly to a traditional insurance company? How much is your monthly premium?

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                        I am actively looking into this. Does this seem to operate pretty similarly to a traditional insurance company? How much is your monthly premium?

My family uses Samaritan Ministries and it costs $490 for my family of 5 a month. It has a $300 per incident "deductible". Basically, you cover your daily costs such as doctor visits, medications, etc that is under $300 and when you have an incident that is over the $300 mark, you send in your bills and members send you money directly to cover the bills.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                          My family uses Samaritan Ministries and it costs $490 for my family of 5 a month. It has a $300 per incident "deductible". Basically, you cover your daily costs such as doctor visits, medications, etc that is under $300 and when you have an incident that is over the $300 mark, you send in your bills and members send you money directly to cover the bills.
                          So what happens if you break your arm or need acl surgery, do you front the money and get reimbursed, or how does that work? If you get cancer or a major surgery, is there a limit on what is covered? Also, what is the max out of pocket for a family or is there one?
                          Also if your doctor visit is $700 for something do you submit it and get $700 back or $700- $300?

Comment

Me and my family are on Medi Share. Love it

Comment

My family is on Samaritan. My 2 year old son passed last month unexpectedly. We’ve got bills from 2 hospitals, life flight etc. so far it appears medical bill issues will be taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X