X10 Archery Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
    I'd love to do a barebow clinic. Mr. Stonebraker could help with that too. I'm sure he would be happy to.
    Great idea. I'll shoot him a line.

Comment

I recognize a couple of those ugly mugs.

Comment

Congrats on the new venture Lynda. Pray for success for you. Just remember how valuable those mirrors were at the RJ clinic, you should definitely try to accommodate that somewhere for the youngsters, and for future RJ clinics as well.

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
          Congrats on the new venture Lynda. Pray for success for you. Just remember how valuable those mirrors were at the RJ clinic, you should definitely try to accommodate that somewhere for the youngsters, and for future RJ clinics as well.
          Thanks for the support and prayers. Much appreciated!

Yes, mirrors are on the list. I have a laundry list of things to get done. Lots of balls in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynda View Post
            Glad you enjoyed your time here.

So, trad... you may be thinking target, i.e. recurve with or without sights, or trad in the traditional sense of a wooden riser, shooting off the shelf etc. Either way, not compound, and we can get you hooked up.

Psst - there's really no difference unless you're going to shoot competitively, then you've got a whole can 'o worms regarding rules, depending on where you shoot. e.g. NFAA, USAA, ASA... but that's another thread. Right, John?

I will be bringing Rod Jenkins to Houston again, probably around June or July, for a real trad clinic. But we can get you going before then.
            Recurve without sights was my thinking. Though it would be awesome later on down the road to make my own longbow and use it

Comment

Lynda, we need to do a target barebow seminar. At least, start with that. A lot of what we would cover would apply to more traditional gear too.

Comment

Lynda, we need to do a target barebow seminar. At least, start with that. A lot of what we would cover would apply to more traditional gear too.
                Yes, that sounds like a plan. The interest in target barebow seems to be on the rise. Maybe because that's how the Hollywood archers shoot? /shrugs

Comment

Maybe because that's how the Hollywood archers shoot? /shrugs
                  Well, let's be honest. If we could figure out how to teach what Lars does, we would bring in a bigger audience. LOL.

Comment

Well, let's be honest. If we could figure out how to teach what Lars does, we would bring in a bigger audience. LOL.
                    I'm not sure we would want that liability on our hands, lol.

When I tried the "arrow on the right side of the bow" method, I quickly discovered that the arrows fly right without a shelf, and you have to deliberately angle left. After a coupla mins I was getting all of the arrows on the bale. I'm sure it was hardly impressive to observe, however. Haha. A lefty bow would be more suitable. I might just try that later.

Then at least I could show folks how *not* to shoot like Lars.

Comment

Heading there tomorrow

Comment

Awesome! Good luck to you Lynda, sending prayers up a success venture tonight.

Very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Loreva13 View Post
                          Awesome! Good luck to you Lynda, sending prayers up a success venture tonight.

Very cool!
                          Much appreciated. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                          X