Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What other nationalities actively fought in the Vietnam war?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not exactly sure if I read or just heard that some Cubans fought against us. Were there Chinese fighting us as well. You’ll have to forgive me as I’ve forgotten some things that may or may not have been on tests.

Any others besides Russians and North Vietnamese?

Comment

There ya go

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Hollywoodians

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            Hollywoodians
            Bam!!. Oh dang, I forgot about Hanoi Jane.

Comment

I don't know who ALL fought against us, but I had a relative, gunny Sgt., who told me his unit had South Koreans who "assisted" his unit in Nam.

I still remember him saying they were MEAN BA's and were ruthless with no mercy in their actions.

He survived several tours in Nam just to see his days end from a Hookers pimp in New Orleans that tried to rob him "during the act." He was always a wild one and a true American Bad A.. that met his end from a pimp...shot twice in the chest....man oh man, you never know?

Comment

R.O.K.'s Republic of Korea, Well trained, disciplined and brutal. Mean BA's is an understatement.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                  I don't know who ALL fought against us, but I had a relative, gunny Sgt., who told me his unit had South Koreans who "assisted" his unit in Nam.

I still remember him saying they were MEAN BA's and were ruthless with no mercy in their actions.

He survived several tours in Nam just to see his days end from a Hookers pimp in New Orleans that tried to rob him "during the act." He was always a wild one and a true American Bad A.. that met his end from a pimp...shot twice in the chest....man oh man, you never know?
                  Have an uncle who fought in Vietnam. He was telling how messed up he was after returning to the States. At some point had to haul bodies on a landing craft. That wasn’t the worst of it of course. He did mention Russians and things that aren’t in history books. Things that soldiers were forbidden to write back home about or mention at all in any form of communication and detail. You just weren’t supposed to tell anyone back home what was really going on.

Comment

I was in Cambodia in May and June 1970 when Nixon sent the troops in to search and destroy for large weapons caches along the Ho Chi Minh Trail. We were ambushed and spent three days pinned down by a superior force. When we finally broke their assault we found two dead Chinese advisers who had caused us numerous casualties from inside a bunker just outside our perimeter.

A Cobra gunship finally made a direct hit on their bunker. I was amazed at how big these guys were. Six foot and 180+ lbs. I'll have to give them credit. They were warriors who fought till the end.

We ended up finding a large cache of weapons and supplies that would have been used against Americans.

Comment

My uncle was a LRRP in Vietnam he worked with the Australians a lot and said they would repel upside down to see who could stop the closest before hitting the ground. He said they were some tough dudes. He didnt trust any ARVN troops.

Comment

Sad to think it won't be too many more years when we see the Nam Vet's disappearing like the WW2 & Korean Vets have.

God Bless 'em all!!

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                          Sad to think it won't be too many more years when we see the Nam Vet's disappearing like the WW2 & Korean Vets have.

God Bless 'em all!!
                          If it's ok with you.....
                          I'll put it off, as long as possible.....
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	24567554
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0801.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	24567555

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                            If it's ok with you.....
                            I'll put it off, as long as possible.....
                            [ATTACH]942175[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH]942179[/ATTACH]
                            Looking good Sailor!

Comment

Man I say your all a bunch of wusses

Comment

Working...
                              X