Hogs and Javis at the Lincoln?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hogs and Javis at the Lincoln?

We've got a group headed to the Lincoln in a few weeks to hunt hogs and javis. It looks like you can hunt feeders early, late and at night under the lights, and also corn the senderos during the day for stalking. Has anybody hunted there recently? I'm wondering if the pressure is such that the hogs are mostly nocturnal.

Hey Jerp, what dates are you going? We are headed there in 37 days!

Comment

We're going in mid February and I'm really looking forward to it. It's been several years since I've hunted South Texas and I've never shot a javelina - I'm hoping to sneak within bow range of one of those little critters

Comment

Good luck!

Good luck, we are down there the first week of March. Let me know how you do.

Comment

predatoraddct, I'll be in a group right behind you from the 6th - 9th. I would really like to hear from you when you get back. Would you drop me a line and a clue to where the piggies are?

Comment

I will be there from Feb. 29th - March 2nd. Let us know where you tied up all the animals jerp so I can give them a little loving too.

Comment

Sure thing Foo

Comment

any luck with javi's or hogs? this season?

Comment

yep, 61 lb. boar

Comment

Anyone come back from lincoln hog hunts yet?

Comment

hog/javi hunted there before. The longhorn pasture around the big tank is loaded with pigs. corn the road/burme that runs along the tank and get ready. We shot 3 hogs and 1 javi on a two day hunt. We saw hogs early(4pm) till 3am or so. Also stalked up to 23yds on a 300+ pound boar and did not get a shot"I spooked :-)" so be prepared to stay late/hunt hardcore and you will be successful. If you can corn all the roads that put the wind in your favor and walk around under the moon you'll see more and have better luck. Watch for snakes:we killed several and my buddies have been seeing them out at other ranches in the area.

Comment

Snakes?

Comment

predatoraddct, any luck at the Lincoln?

Comment

I highly suggest that you sleep all day and hunt the feeder lights at night. The javis are almost nonexistant right now and the hogs are nocturnal for the most part. If you have to hunt in the day time corn the heck out of the 3 roads at blind 7, some pigs should come out about 1 hour before dark or maybe a little later. Most of all GOOD LUCK and make sure your equipment is dead quiet.

Comment

Working...
                            X