Rheostat light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rheostat light

My current rheostat light broke will riding on the 4 wheeler. I bought the bow used it and it already came with the sight & light. I have the Spot Hogg "Hogg It" sight. My question is do I have to get a Spot Hogg rheostat for this sight? Or will any light work? The one I had, had 3 different settings of dimness. I wasn't a fan because its hard to tell if its on or not in the daylight. I'd rather just have one that is either on or off.

Looking for other suggestions, looking for a economical light that will last. Any features I need to look into more? Just need to it perform its basic function = light up my wrap/pins. That's it.

Thanks guys

To get the dim level settings you need, a needle heated in a flame to melt a tiny hole in black electrical tape. The LED lights are bright and in low light conditions as you know, you don't need very much light to illuminate things.

One tiny pin hole will do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomerang View Post
      To get the dim level settings you need, a needle heated in a flame to melt a tiny hole in black electrical tape. The LED lights are bright and in low light conditions as you know, you don't need very much light to illuminate things.

One tiny pin hole will do it.

Great tip, I've always used my kids paint to cover the light what bleeds through is more than enough.

Comment

Rheostat light

I'm sorry, I don't get what y'all are talking about. Right now I have no functioning light. When it is dark, or just getting light I cannot see my pins. I need a light that I can turn on to illuminate my pins. I can buy the same one I had before, but I do not like that I can't tell if its on or off.... In other words I could accidentally leave it on and not know it, thus draining my batteries.

So I'm looking for a suggestion as to what light to purchase for my sight. And if any brand will work on my Spot Hogg sight. Or if I have to purchase a Spot Hogg rheostat specifically.

What are y'all talking about with electrical tape?
        Last edited by afishinman14; 10-31-2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

I think all of the lights your going to have to remember to look at and make sure it's off. I like the spott Hogg light it has three settings, but you do have to look at it to make sure it's off. You can get them for around 13.00.

What they are talking about is in low light some lights are to bright even in low setting. So they are blocking most of the light with the tape

Comment

Just about all of the lights I've seen have adjustable brightness levels. I haven't come across one yet that is just on/off.

Comment

Just bought a spot hogg light. The newer ones are adjustable rheostat white color...

Comment

I just bought a tru glo sight light at gander mtn. It is almost like a hat clip light with short wand and led. I can't make it work for my ascent ambush but it may work for you. You can have it if you want. I'm in Denton.

Comment

Working...
                X