Sweet Water Creek Bow Hunting opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet Water Creek Bow Hunting opinions?

Looking for a close archery day hunt for hogs. My uncle's visiting and would love to go after one.

Sweet Water Creek Bow Hunting is in Decatur, pretty close. Cost is a little more than other places further away, $300 for 2 day hunt, that includes lodging (not something we need).

Any opinions? Other alternatives? We'd like to stay within 2 hrs of Fort Worth.

There's a lot of hogs around tanks back toward the main entrance. Good stalking woods.

Comment

Always seen plenty of pigs when I was there! The lodge they have to stay in is nice too!

Comment

Honestly I couldnt recommend them. I just got back from there.

Rick

Comment

I've been twice. I've had great success both times. The hunt is what you make out of it.

The hogs are fun to spot and stalk after everybody stops chasing them.

Comment

I've been twice. First time was good encounter. Jim Bob guided and took care of me. 2nd had Michael as guide and was not impressed. Not one horned animal came to any feeder I was at. Lots of does but couldn't shoot them. Settled for a goat on the last day. Only pig I saw I ran across walking back to the cabin.
            Last edited by Audra; 02-14-2007, 07:05 AM.

Comment

PEOPLE who cant shoot anything at sweetwater
              Half of us never even had a shot at an animal. I guess my mistake was listening to them. I went everywhere they told me to go and I had 1 shot opportunity at a tiny blackbuck.

The closest hogs I saw were about 200 yds.You better get close to the protein feeders. They never even told us they had any.

rick

Comment

had good luck

This saturdays trip will be my 5 year going and every year I have had awesome animals in front of me. I always go were Michael or JIm Bob tell me to go. I have never had a bad experience there, they treat our group awesome. This is reason why we have been going back for 5 years now. When did everyone go down

Comment

I went once and I had an excellent time. I would go again but my go to weapon is a rifle more then my bow.

Comment

look at the double "L" in victoria,75 dollars per day i am going there april 9-10, i chose them after getting several recommendations from member here on tbh.

Bill

Comment

Had a two friends of mine that went last year on one of the four day hunts, and had a blast!! One had four or five chances at critters and the other one harvested a nice meat hog and a nice axis..

Comment

Is there a website for the place in Victoria?

Comment

Jim Bob and Michael are the BEST hosts for a hunt that anyone could ask for!!

Sweetwater is a place you have to HUNT....if you want to get out of bed and put one hour in the stand and call that hunting.....go to some 50 acre lot in Tennessee!!

Have been there many times and plan on going back!

Glenn from Kentucky

Comment

Working...
                          X