North East of Llano hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North East of Llano hunting

I am going to look at a lease that is between Tow and Llano and was wondering what to expect ? Deer size, density, and any exotics?

?

Comment

High density but small deer. I grew up down there on the North West side of the county. Hunting pressure is your biggest enemy. The big ranches are continuing to be split up to 200 acre or less tracts, and generally leased out to 10 plus gun slots. Most decent bucks get shot at 2 years old if they have 8 points.

not trying to get you down. Was out there my whole life so i've seen it change a lot. But good luck man, it's the prettiest area in the State.
      Last edited by Arrowthreat; 09-06-2019, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Typical Hill Country deer. Lots of deer and Hogs. Average mature buck is going to be in the 120 range with the occasional 130+. On some of the bigger ranches up around Tow on Colorado 140-150" deer are common with an occasional 160" killed.

Comment

I live in burnet county. I would expect to see high populations of deer with most of them being up to 120. Lots of hogs. Maybe the occasional axis or blackbuck but very few. If you let the deer get some age you can expect to get a deer here and there in the 130s-140s. I’ve killed deer in the burnet county area from 130-150” so there are some decent deer in the area. I know the place your looking at is in tow area. I use to take care of some cows in bluffton on about 400acre. There was a few nice deer on the place

Comment

Yes a ton of hogs now days. Generally the axis and exotics are along the river or on the south side of the county, but you may get luck and see a few. Ultimately your surrounding neighbors will determine the deer quality.

Comment

Working...
            X