Argentina dove hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argentina dove hunting

Has anyone had any experience with El Cortijo dove lodge in Argentina? Looking at going with a group of buddies in March.

I have been once but went with to Los Chanares. Absolutely incredible! Our group of 15 people killed 62,007 dove in 3 days. During their off season.. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
      I have been once but went with to Los Chanares. Absolutely incredible! Our group of 15 people killed 62,007 dove in 3 days. During their off season.. [emoji23]

That is freaking nuts man.

Anyone else?

Comment

Went to Posta del Norte this past January.........it was freaking insane.....

Comment

Yes, I've been to El Cortijo. I highly recommend them. The hunting, the food, the drink, and the people were great. I'm guessing that you booked through SYC?

Comment

I’ve been to Los Chanares as well, I highly recommend it. Great food, great drinks, nice lodge, more birds than you can shoot

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
              I’ve been to Los Chanares as well, I highly recommend it. Great food, great drinks, nice lodge, more birds than you can shoot

I shot 4700 in 3 days. Honestly, that was plenty. I was pretty sore on day three. My swing arm was on fire, my bicep was raw, and my cheek had a knot in it. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post

Oh, and the food was out of this world good! We had lunch one day that consisted of 4 or 5 cuts of beef, chicken, and a whole goat grilled over a fire. Get ready for meat Bc they don’t do vegetables down there like they do here. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                  That is freaking nuts man.

Anyone else?

this was in one morning. That’s number of birds hit. Lol

This was after a 2.5-3 hour shoot in the afternoon. I killed 2000 birds and went to watch other people shoot. My bird boy got a workout that day. Lol

Comment

Do they pick up all the birds to clean?

Comment

Some advice when you go. Buy a shoulder pad!!!! Seriously. I shot a 20 gauge for three days and was happy I did have a pad. Get a thick one too. Lol. Also, have eye protection and hearing protection. Both are a must. Take shooters gloves. Those guns get hot and grabbing a barrel with no gloves is no fun. Also, take a wireless chargeable speaker and an iPod or your phone with a bunch of downloaded music. It’s fun jamming some tunes while blasting away at dove!

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                        Do they pick up all the birds to clean?

If they fall easily in reach, yes. If they fall out of the openings in brush, no. You can’t get to them. A dog couldn’t get to them. The brush on the ridges we hunted was extremely thick and had thorns from the ground up. Just not possible.

Comment

Some advice when you go. Buy a shoulder pad!!!! Seriously. I shot a 20 gauge for three days and was happy I did have a pad. Get a thick one too. Lol. Also, have eye protection and hearing protection. Both are a must. Take shooters gloves. Those guns get hot and grabbing a barrel with no gloves is no fun. Also, take a wireless chargeable speaker and an iPod or your phone with a bunch of downloaded music. It’s fun jamming some tunes while blasting away at dove!

I like the speaker idea I think I may get one for when I go down to Mexico dove hunting in next week or 2
                          They been killing 1500-2000 every weekend for last month or so down there
                          Can’t wait to get there [emoji41][emoji1306]

Comment

Originally posted by DPElite View Post
                            I like the speaker idea I think I may get one for when I go down to Mexico dove hunting in next week or 2
                            They been killing 1500-2000 every weekend for last month or so down there
                            Can’t wait to get there [emoji41][emoji1306]

Been there an done that, and, with all due respect, it ain't Argentina.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                              Been there an done that, and, with all due respect, it ain't Argentina.

No it’s not but fractions cheaper [emoji6]
                              Poor mans argentina Hunt [emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                              X