Window unit AC's with heater ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
    Does that ice chest come down with a push of a button? That would be awesome hahaha

LOL...no sir that is one of those trophy mount transport coolers made for a deer head and horns for the trip to taxidermist . We ran out of places to put it so I just hung the **** thing up out of the way. So far so good....but that's a great ida...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      I think you misunderstood....

I think the heater in the unit is of better quality than an individual space heater...especially the cheap ones..

I have had two catch fire in my house. My wife like to run one near her desk and in the bathroom even when the rest of us are sweating..
      The heater itself caught fire or it ignited a towel, rug, etc on fire?

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        You wont need the heater. Texas is gonna have 300 days over 200deg in 20 more years.
        I can’t wait to open a cliff diving business off the Caprock into the Gulf of Mayheco!

It’s gonna be friggan great!!!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          You wont need the heater. Texas is gonna have 300 days over 200deg in 20 more years.
          Yep LOL

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
          They have a 12,000 BTU a/c w heatpump in 120v..... I have 2 at the ranch and they are lovely and have remote control!
          Window unit?

This is what I'm leaning towards. Don't want to pay double or triple for a mini-split. Everyone says they're easy to install but someone needs to then volunteer to come install one for me

Comment

Originally posted by 9452772 View Post
            If you want heat it will be 230v
            They make them in 115.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
              The heater itself caught fire or it ignited a towel, rug, etc on fire?

Internally on both of these...melted components. My wife screamed at both of them and I came running in and grabbed the units with a giant towel and a blanket and threw them outside flaming. Same exact disposal for both differnt times..out the back door. One was on the bathroom counter and the one was on a bedside table.

One was the el cheapo gray vertical rectangular one and the other was a pretty nice ceramic
              Last edited by Smart; 09-18-2019, 04:16 PM.

Comment

I have a 230v combo unit at my river house. Works great. My only complaint is that I wasn’t paying attention when I purchased it. The AC has an energy saver switch that allows the unit (fan and compressor) to come on and go off according to the temp setting. The heater however comes on and goes off according to the temp setting but the fan runs all the time when heater is turned. I would get a unit that does not run the fan all the time when in heater mode.

Comment

Unless you are very well insulated and tight, 12,000 btu is going to struggle with 600 sq. ft.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                    mini split diy mr cool.. mine is amazing
                    Details please

Comment

My nephew, an engineer, told me a 240 volt a/c is cheaper to run than a 120 volt of the same size. I went with the 240 volt.

Comment

Have 2 portable Lowes 120 volt ac and heat units in the garage. Around $400.00 each and we keep them on low........

Comment

It isn't any cheaper to operate, but it is easier to have a circuit big enough in the 240v. 240v unit will run half the amps of a 120v unit, that is the same size, but the watts is the same. volts X amps = watts. So most 240v circuits can easily run a window unit, while you can be on the edge with a 120v unit.

Most units over 12000 btu will be 240v.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                            My nephew, an engineer, told me a 240 volt a/c is cheaper to run than a 120 volt of the same size. I went with the 240 volt.
                            Is he a train engineer? [emoji1787] If he's an electrical engineer he needs to go back to school...

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

Pioneer minisplit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by rudedog47 View Post
                                12,000 should do it.....230v will do it more easily

Please explain why it will do it easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X