Season is not looking very good...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
    I shot 2 big (for my area) bucks last year and I hadn't seen either of them or got either of them on camera until the second they walked out.

That's mostly because I don't run cameras, but still...
    Same at my place. I kill 1-2 really nice deer every year and 99% of the time I’ve never seen them previously until they step out or chase a doe out. I’ve been hunting the same place for over 25yrs and it’s been this way every year.

Comment

Haven't seen a buck on Camera since last November. Same story as last year up until October 16th. Then I had 3 shooters hanging around

Comment

They will show sooner are later . The early season may not be great but I bet by November it’s going to be phenomenal.

Comment

i aint even got any trail cams up lol

Comment

Same here. They’ll show up eventually.

Comment

Haven't had one buck on my camera since last year. Plenty of doe, but no bucks as I have had my camera out for 3 months.

Comment

Overnight delivery of Bucks on my property. Cams last week are covered in some young but good looking 8’s. No hit list material being so young but hopefully they are around long enough to watch them grow.

Comment

I haven't been impressed with anything yet.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                    per game cams...

Only a couple of decent but young bucks and does with young.

Guess I need to hunt trails and stay off feeders. Just gotta figure out which trails.
                    Just go hunting, and kill the best deer you have the opportunity to kill.

Comment

bunch of does!

Comment

Same at my place but like others have said, it'll change soon. I'm leaving in an hour or so to go pull cards, check corn feeder, and top off protein feeder and corn pile. I usually start getting some mature buck picks between now and mid October.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                          per game cams...

Only a couple of decent but young bucks and does with young.

Guess I need to hunt trails and stay off feeders. Just gotta figure out which trails.
                          Son my trails aint even looking good, Cool weather and the rut will cure everything

Comment

Pretty much waiting for the bigger ones to get stupid myself. Couple does in Hardin County, and 1 lil baby buck in Trinity county. Not gonna be able to do a food plot since my truck got mangled last weekend, so I will be hopin and prayin this year.

Comment

Working...
                            X