No announcement yet.

at the emergency room in kingwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alum don't splinter like that...Might be a better choice...

Comment

Buy Made in USA arras and you don't have to worry about this!

Good reminder for noobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        Buy Made in USA arras and you don't have to worry about this!

Good reminder for noobs.
        Need to flex the arrows, it dont matter what brand or where they are made. If the arrow hits the dirt FLEX it, pull it out of a 3D target or bag target FLEX it. I check mine after every shot now, even with my crossbow. It only takes a second and that is some scary chit when one shatters.

My arrow was GT 300 Velocity, I also know someone that shoots FMJ's and he had one explode.

Comment

I also quit using short nocks and went back to a longer old style nock. I met a boy that had a short nock pop off the serving and get hurt.

Comment

Hope all works out for the best! Don't get impatient on the recovery, I had some nerve damage to my arm in that same general vicinity from an exploding grinder wheel, took over a year to get feeling back in parts of my hand and wrist.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
              Need to flex the arrows, it dont matter what brand or where they are made. If the arrow hits the dirt FLEX it, pull it out of a 3D target or bag target FLEX it. I check mine after every shot now, even with my crossbow. It only takes a second and that is some scary chit when one shatters.

My arrow was GT 300 Velocity, I also know someone that shoots FMJ's and he had one explode.
              Yep, flex every arra before you shoot. Your GT is made in Mexico, CE is made in chinoreowain

Just messin with ya!

If someone had a FMJ explode, they clearly didn't even look at the arrow prior to nocking it. Those are some dam tough arrows. I center punched a solid block of concrete with one and it shoved the fp and insert back flush with the aluminum casing. Bulged and slip on side, but stayed together...I was impressed!

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                Hope all works out for the best! Don't get impatient on the recovery, I had some nerve damage to my arm in that same general vicinity from an exploding grinder wheel, took over a year to get feeling back in parts of my hand and wrist.
                He good!

Comment

He good!
                  Hey speak for yourself.

Comment

Prayers for you sir.

Just realized the age of the OP. Prayers for it to not happen again?
                    Last edited by LlanoHunter10; 08-21-2019, 09:59 AM.

Comment

I’m going to get new arrows now, glad you healed well

Comment

Good luck buddy. I saw that happen one time and it's not pretty. My friend recovered after surgery with no long lasting problems so you should be fine!

Comment

Yep, flex every arra before you shoot. Your GT is made in Mexico, CE is made in chinoreowain

Just messin with ya!

If someone had a FMJ explode, they clearly didn't even look at the arrow prior to nocking it. Those are some dam tough arrows. I center punched a solid block of concrete with one and it shoved the fp and insert back flush with the aluminum casing. Bulged and slip on side, but stayed together...I was impressed!
                          Oh I was not meaning anything at you, just that folks should not think that a FMJ is any safer than another brand if it hits the dirt or the frame of a 3d target. I shoot FMJ as well, but for 3d I use my GT arras because I have two dozen made up.

Comment

Gotta' appreciate these old threads that remind us to be careful!

Another thing I might add, is get comfortable with letting down slowly. Sometimes an arrow will come off the rest and if it is long enough you can let down slowly to bypass your hand. I've had this happen to myself a few times.
                            Last edited by Dusty Britches; 08-21-2019, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Dan man. Prayers. Keep us posted

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                                Oh I was not meaning anything at you, just that folks should not think that a FMJ is any safer than another brand if it hits the dirt or the frame of a 3d target. I shoot FMJ as well, but for 3d I use my GT arras because I have two dozen made up.
                                I'm with you, you got to have your head in the game all the time.

I watched a guy ( BS'n with his buddies) forget to load an arrow, hook his release on the string, draw back and dry-fire his bow while both buddies were staring at the target! The look on their faces......

Comment

Working...
                                X