22lr revolver dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22lr revolver dilemma

Okay, I need some help here. I have a High Standard Sentinel MK IV in 22 mag with a 4” barrel. I really like it, but ammo is a little steep for just plinking. I’ve found a crane/cylinder on GunBroker for $140 in 22lr that will drop in my gun. Should I pay this for just a cylinder and have a combo, or pick up a Heritage Rough Rider for less?

Thanks,
    Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, two guns are better than one. I would buy the Heritage. I have had one for 15 years. It’s been mistreated and looks like crap, but it has always been reliable and shot good.

Comment

The new Ruger Wrangler might be right down your alley. Street price of $200 or less for a cerakoted single action .22 long rifle that makes the Heritage look like a dirt road. I have one on order and can't wait to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by WTucker View Post
        For me, two guns are better than one. I would buy the Heritage. I have had one for 15 years. It’s been mistreated and looks like crap, but it has always been reliable and shot good.
        Me too its been great

Comment

sell the high standard and add the 140 and get the ruger single six with both cylinders and you`ll be glad you did . should have enough $ that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            The new Ruger Wrangler might be right down your alley. Street price of $200 or less for a cerakoted single action .22 long rifle that makes the Heritage look like a dirt road. I have one on order and can't wait to get it.
            This. All day long. Can’t wait to get one

Comment

Just shoot 22lr out of the 22mag cylinder. I only have a 22mag for my Colt and shoot lr all the time.

Comment

Ruger Wrangler

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  I hadn’t even heard of that one until you mentioned it. It looks like a great choice.

Comment

Originally posted by WTucker View Post
                    I hadn’t even heard of that one until you mentioned it. It looks like a great choice.
                    I hang out on the Ruger forum waaaay too much !

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                      Just shoot 22lr out of the 22mag cylinder. I only have a 22mag for my Colt and shoot lr all the time.
                      I didnt know you could do that

Comment

Another vote for Ruger Wrangler here. Should retail for $180 or so...

Comment

Yep Ruger Wrangler these days. I have a heritage and will keep it but if I was on the market today I would buy the Ruger.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
                            I didnt know you could do that
                            You are not supposed to. The 22 lr shells are smaller diameter than a 22 mag and will be looser in the cylinder.

Comment

Academy has a 22lr revolver on clearance for $138.98 plus 20% off $100 purchase. Just saw it in Tomball.

Comment

Working...
                              X