Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 01-11-2018, 08:52 PM   #201
Huntindad
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kerr county & TP&W

Quote:
Originally Posted by doghouse View Post
As young guy's get older you will be just like me at 63. Not in the hurry we were in our younger years! Carry on! LOL!!!!!
Yes'sir I agree wholeheartedly.
Huntindad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 09:10 PM   #202
sharpstick35
Six Point

Hunt In: rocksprings tx

for the tailgaters, i have some pretty bright rear facing lights on my work truck.
sharpstick35 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 09:12 PM   #203
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
Originally Posted by doghouse View Post
As young guy's get older you will be just like me at 63. Not in the hurry we were in our younger years! Carry on! LOL!!!!!

I sure hope you are right. I also hope I still have enough good manners not to let my then leisurely pace not be a hindrance to others for no reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 09:32 PM   #204
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun shooter View Post
Now we know who cares about them self and no one else.

Lol how ironic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 09:41 PM   #205
Cajun shooter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oakwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Lol how ironic.

Thatís almost a complete sentence!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cajun shooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 09:47 PM   #206
Cajun shooter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpstick35 View Post
for the tailgaters, i have some pretty bright rear facing lights on my work truck.

Wow! Bright lights are so scary! Why would you not just move over? I seriously donít get this mentality. How does it hurt you to just move over and let someone pass you who is obviously in a bigger hurry than you? Someone please explain this to me, what does it take from you, to just get out of someoneís way? Do you do this in line at the grocery store? Just stand there not moving in line when the line has moved on, just daring someone to go around you?

Old 01-11-2018, 09:58 PM   #207
bboswell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

Quote:
Wow! Bright lights are so scary! Why would you not just move over? I seriously donít get this mentality. How does it hurt you to just move over and let someone pass you who is obviously in a bigger hurry than you? Someone please explain this to me, what does it take from you, to just get out of someoneís way? Do you do this in line at the grocery store? Just stand there not moving in line when the line has moved on, just daring someone to go around you?

Heís entitled. He has no interest in being courteous because he by God has a right to be in the fast lane!
bboswell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 10:03 PM   #208
hpdrifter
Ten Point

Hunt In: anywhere I can

You guys sure are wound up about someone slowing you down to the speed limit.

What I really hate is secret left turners. You roll up behind a car without any turn signal on and the light turns green........all of a sudden the left turn signal comes on.

BTW, I have every right to pass at 75 mph. You can wait till I have passed the REAL slow drivers at which time I'll move over for you.
hpdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 10:14 PM   #209
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpdrifter View Post

What I really hate is secret left turners. You roll up behind a car without any turn signal on and the light turns green........all of a sudden the left turn signal comes on.

BTW, I have every right to pass at 75 mph. You can wait till I have passed the REAL slow drivers at which time I'll move over for you.
This is obviously not good enough. Other people need to get where they're going because they're more important than you.

Geez..People need to learn to read.

READ
Everyone here says they do move over. Did you read that? They just may not move over fast when someone tailgates the crap out of them. Do you like being tailgated? I have a funny feeling if I tailgated all you ticked off speedsters you would not be happy. You would not pull over right away assuming I'm in an emergency situation. We all know you'd be here ranting.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 10:17 PM   #210
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

Quote:

You sure are wound up over a properly signaled left turn
150class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 10:18 PM   #211
150class
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
I sure hope you are right. I also hope I still have enough good manners not to let my then leisurely pace not be a hindrance to others for no reason.

Yep. Would hate to be become apart of that ďitís all about me generationĒ and not pay attention to others around me.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:21 PM   #212
hpdrifter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150class View Post
You sure are wound up over a properly signaled left turn
you are supposed to signal 100' before the turn.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:26 PM   #213
150class
Pope & Young

Quote:
you are supposed to signal 100' before the turn.
I said proper not legal.... sheesh...

I had no idea on the 100 ft rule and apparently 100% gambled on my statement
Old 01-11-2018, 10:41 PM   #214
hweissert
Ten Point

Hunt In: Panhandle, Fannin, Grayson, Kansas, Oklahoma

I concur nothing worse than a slow driver blocking the hammer lane or a Nissan Altima parked at the only diesel pump at a station with 14 other gas pumps open
hweissert is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 10:48 PM   #215
hpdrifter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150class View Post
I said proper not legal.... sheesh...

I had no idea on the 100 ft rule and apparently 100% gambled on my statement
no you said "properly signaled"
Old 01-11-2018, 11:00 PM   #216
bboswell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Lol how ironic.

Ain't it though!
bboswell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 11:28 PM   #217
rfroese
Spike

At least it's not like it is in NM. Went to Ruidoso over Christmas. Wow...
rfroese is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 11:36 PM   #218
DeerBySchultz
Six Point

If you're so impatient that you feel the need to do 90 mph why not JUST BUY A HELICOPTER, your impatient arse don't belong on the streets behind the wheel of a car anyway
DeerBySchultz is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 11:56 PM   #219
35remington
Pope & Young

Hunt In: the dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboswell View Post
I think our next topic should be ďthe turn laneĒ. Get your butt in it before you start slowing down to turn!
Ainít that the **** truth. Preach on.
35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-12-2018, 12:12 AM   #220
sharpstick35
Six Point

Quote:

its not that i drive slow or try to impede traffic. im on your side on this. i usually drive 80 mph and when im passing i move back over. but to those people that get too impatient because im not passing fast enough and get rude about it, ill light you up. it has the same effect as brake checking without touching the brakes.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:55 AM   #221
Cajun shooter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpstick35 View Post
its not that i drive slow or try to impede traffic. im on your side on this. i usually drive 80 mph and when im passing i move back over. but to those people that get too impatient because im not passing fast enough and get rude about it, ill light you up. it has the same effect as brake checking without touching the brakes.

How does a person ďget rudeĒ just because they come up from behind you? This is what gets me! Everybody seems to believe because another vehicle just came up from behind them they are some how being ***** holes. No one ever just suddenly comes up from behind you. Theyíve been coming from behind you for some period of time, you probably just didnít notice. Why not just speed up for about 2 seconds or pull to the right and let them pass? It doesnít hurt, I promise. I seriously donít see why people have to act like someone is trying to stick a finger in your eye just because they want to pass you.

If I drive up from behind you, I am simply attempting to get by at the first opportunity. I donít think Iím better than you, I donít think Iím more important than you, I donít hate or dislike you, I just want to get by. Why is that a problem?

Old 01-12-2018, 01:26 AM   #222
sharpstick35
Six Point

Quote:
How does a person ďget rudeĒ just because they come up from behind you? This is what gets me! Everybody seems to believe because another vehicle just came up from behind them they are some how being ***** holes. No one ever just suddenly comes up from behind you. Theyíve been coming from behind you for some period of time, you probably just didnít notice. Why not just speed up for about 2 seconds or pull to the right and let them pass? It doesnít hurt, I promise. I seriously donít see why people have to act like someone is trying to stick a finger in your eye just because they want to pass you.

If I drive up from behind you, I am simply attempting to get by at the first opportunity. I donít think Iím better than you, I donít think Iím more important than you, I donít hate or dislike you, I just want to get by. Why is that a problem?

my work truck is governed at 80, it cannot go faster. also, in heavy traffic you don;t have miles and miles of clear road behind you to see them coming. the issue i have isn't that they are trying to pass, but that they get so close i can count the bugs in their grill and start flashing lights at me. if you cant wait another 2 seconds for me to clear the vehicle in the slow lane and get over then you need to lay off the coffee.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:33 AM   #223
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Hunt In: Polk County

Quote:

Nobody thinks you materialize from thin air. However, slow down before climbing up on my ***, and I bet most of us move over. Give it a try.
JLivi1224 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-12-2018, 07:29 AM   #224
Cajun shooter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
Nobody thinks you materialize from thin air. However, slow down before climbing up on my ***, and I bet most of us move over. Give it a try.

I canít possibly know who you are but what I do know is that typically its impossible to drive any of the major freeways in or near any major city where you can drive more than 1 mile without pulling up behind someone else whoís doing the same speed or slower than the traffic in the right lane. They then seem to get totally offended if you come up from behind them with the intention of getting past them, so they then dare you to go around.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:05 AM   #225
eradicator
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da' Hitman View Post
This! All i ask
speed limits are also Texas state law
eradicator is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-12-2018, 08:18 AM   #226
oktx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise County

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
speed limits are also Texas state law
It's crazy, most have already admitted driving WELL over the speed limit and TAILGATING, if not on this thread the dozens of other threads. Yet they come here to tell you that you are breaking the law. It's hilarious!
oktx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-12-2018, 08:20 AM   #227
Pkripper
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboswell View Post
Heís entitled. He has no interest in being courteous because he by God has a right to be in the fast lane!
Same type of person who will pump gas and be finished but sit there on his phone tying up the pump.
Pkripper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-12-2018, 09:04 AM   #228
Cajun shooter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
Yet they come here to tell you that you are breaking the law. It's hilarious!

Wrong, they are coming here to complain about the people who refuse to simply move over, when itís such an easy, thoughtful, inexpensive thing to do.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:06 AM   #229
Olphart
Ten Point

Hunt In: Only my backyard!

Quote:
It's crazy, most have already admitted driving WELL over the speed limit and TAILGATING, if not on this thread the dozens of other threads. Yet they come here to tell you that you are breaking the law. It's hilarious!
It really is ironic isn't it? Some think they are entitled to the passing lane (it isn't the "fast" lane) and don't want you slowing them down from exceeding the limit, yet want the law enforced for lawful use of the left lane. No where in the law is it stated that you can exceed the speed limit, left lane or otherwise. Traffic that is going slower than the limit should be in the right lane, which infers that traffic doing the limit can pass those slower vehicles, by using the left lane to pass the slower traffic (and then move back to the right....completing your passing maneuver.) I don't see that happening much either. And courtesy works both ways in that don't tailgate me and I'll move over when I can safely do so.
Olphart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-12-2018, 09:11 AM   #230
Mudslinger
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kent Co., Stonewall Co., CO, Limpopo RSA

To add to this rant, I hate people that do not know how to use a cruise control. People that fly by you doing 90, pull over in front of you and before long they are doing 60 in front of you and as you go to pass them, they speed up to get back in front of you or let you pass and pull over in the right lane and then come flying by you again and repeat this process.

I know it is also rude, inconsiderate and dangerous, but if someone is in the passing lane doing 5 mph under the speed limit and right beside another driver doing the same speed, I will get right on their bumper and stay there until they move over.
Mudslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-12-2018, 09:28 AM   #231
drbonner
Eight Point

Hunt In: Shelby County and Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolocamShooter View Post
Yep if youíre going the speed limit stay in the right lane unless passing someone else. ****** me off people just cruising along side by side blocking the road.

The ones that get me are the ones doing 85 then complain about me doing 75-77 in the left lane passing someone. Or the ones doing 85 covering 3 lanes of traffic. One trip to Texas childrenís hospital reminds me why Iím glad I donít live in Houston.
drbonner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-12-2018, 09:58 AM   #232
CaptainDave
Ten Point

I think some of you arguing back and forth actually agree on a few points.

The left lane is the passing lane. It's not the lane for -
- Someone to be leisurely cruising at the same or lower rate of speed as the right hand lane

- Someone to take 10 minutes (or a few miles) to pass a few cars.

- After passing, you should move back over to the right hand lane

I would also agree that if someone is trying to pass a few cars and isn't taking forever to do so, you shouldn't tail gate them. I'm all about left lane is for passing, but I don't care for someone riding my arse when I'm going 80 plus passing some cars.

Seriously, what drives me up the wall more than anything is the 18 wheelers that take several miles to pass another truck.

I also hate the idiot that flies up on my arse, then I proceed to move over and they proceed to slow down and just about match speed with me.
CaptainDave is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-12-2018, 10:27 AM   #233
ezypikns
Eight Point

Hunt In: Way down yonder in the Indian Nation.
Default Is anyone here.........

REALLY going to change anyone else's viewpoint?
ezypikns is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-12-2018, 10:35 AM   #234
manwitaplan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
So who are you not buying for? The guy who drives like a maniac and tailgates or the guy who tries to drive safe?

I haven't seen a single poster that said they block traffic on purpose. Just seems like a bunch of people get ticked off at tailgaters when they don't give them enough time to get over.

Can't believe you guys throwing around "common courtesy" "common sense" etc are that dense.

This is the second time you have called me out in this thread.

Try reading the thread again

Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!
manwitaplan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-12-2018, 10:40 AM   #235
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
Take the law out of it. If we're both breaking the law then the penalties offset. It's just a matter of being courteous, and using a system that allows traffic to proceed in the most efficient manner possible.

It's just like when 2 lanes merge into 1, and there are signs starting a mile back to let you know. If everyone begins to work together to get merged in it can be nothing but a slow down. But there's the *******s who have to run all the way to the end and make everyone stop because they're too stupid to know how this works. Nowdays they act like I'm the ******* for not letting them in...which I don't.

As far as driving 90 and tailgating, I don't do that....anymore. But I do drive as fast as I think I can get a way with.....5-8 over, mostly because I'm impatient. I'm not trying to win any races or prove anything, I just have a lot of places to go during the day and the quicker I get there the quicker I can get on to the next one.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:10 PM   #236
oktx
Pope & Young

Quote:
Take the law out of it. If we're both breaking the law then the penalties offset. It's just a matter of being courteous, and using a system that allows traffic to proceed in the most efficient manner possible.

It's just like when 2 lanes merge into 1, and there are signs starting a mile back to let you know. If everyone begins to work together to get merged in it can be nothing but a slow down. But there's the *******s who have to run all the way to the end and make everyone stop because they're too stupid to know how this works. Nowdays they act like I'm the ******* for not letting them in...which I don't.

As far as driving 90 and tailgating, I don't do that....anymore. But I do drive as fast as I think I can get a way with.....5-8 over, mostly because I'm impatient. I'm not trying to win any races or prove anything, I just have a lot of places to go during the day and the quicker I get there the quicker I can get on to the next one.
But they (The Speeder/Tailgaters) are not taking the law out of it. It their justification for doing it. . They say move! You're breaking the law! Get it? They obviously don't.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:30 PM   #237
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
But they (The Speeder/Tailgaters) are not taking the law out of it. It their justification for doing it. . They say move! You're breaking the law! Get it? They obviously don't.

I'm breaking the law, you're breaking the law, who cares. If you're holding up traffic in the left lane and he's tailgating you, you're both being jackasses. The most common sense solution is for slower traffic to keep right, and use the left lane for passing only....it's really simple.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:35 PM   #238
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
I'm breaking the law, you're breaking the law, who cares. If you're holding up traffic in the left lane and he's tailgating you, you're both being jackasses. The most common sense solution is for slower traffic to keep right, and use the left lane for passing only....it's really simple.

Yup,..and get the **** outta my way.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-12-2018, 01:46 PM   #239
oktx
Pope & Young

Quote:

You and I understand that, but many on this thread do not.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:13 AM   #240
The Crippler
Ten Point

https://www.facebook.com/ezraklein/v...1965914657680/
The Crippler is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-19-2018, 08:22 AM   #241
bbqfan5909
Ten Point

Can we all agree this is first world problems, complaining about the freedom to drive a vehicle and someone is not doing what you expect? I personally follow the left lane is for passing, move over to right lane for cruising. At the end of the day, we all make it to where we planned to go.
bbqfan5909 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-19-2018, 08:24 AM   #242
txwhitetail
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Irion Co

Idiot drivers in a hurry cause more wrecks than folks going the speed limit.

Easy to tell who the road ragers are on this thread.
txwhitetail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-19-2018, 08:29 AM   #243
35remington
Pope & Young

Hunt In: the dark

It's been my experience that the average left-lane-camper can be "educated" on the fly. You just have to do it in a way that doesn't make them think you're an azzhole. I drive a lot and I'd say 60% of the time, it works every time.
35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top