Replacing Sage string?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing Sage string?

I recently bought a Samick Sage recurve for bowfishing. Since it is Fastflight compatible I decided to get a hunting string for it in case I or one of my friends decided to hunt with it. It's 62" so I got a 58" FF string for it. The recommended brace height for this bow is 7.5" to 8.25" and I've found it shoots best at 7.75". I got my new string and even after untwisting the string as far as I could and stretching it for a day it would only get down to just over 8.25". So I decided to get another one from a different brand. That one came in a couple days ago and it is also too short. I could only get it down to a 8.5" bh. So now I've returned it and decided to order a 59" string and twist it as much as I need. I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue with these bows and is it common with any other bows?

Are you ordering a 58" string or a 62" AMO string... if ordering a 58" - you need to specify to the vendor that the measurement you are providing is an actual measured length.

The sage uses a 62" AMO standard string length- or a 58" measured length.

I have made over 30 of these strings for guys that shoot Sage's as well as my own and my wifes - never had a problem.

Comment

Yeah it's a 58" string from 3 Rivers. They request the string length so since it's a recurve I just ordered it by the recommended 4" shorter than the AMO. I figured the first time was just a fluke but after the 2nd time it got me wondering if it was a common issue with these bows.

Comment

Did you order endless or Flemish?

Comment

I ordered the endless but I've been messing with it some more and may be able to make it work.

Comment

Working...
          X