Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

protein protein protein! lyssy and eckel!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

protein protein protein! lyssy and eckel!!!

We switched over to lyssey and eckel protein feed and them deer took to eating like crazy!! They wouldnt touch other brands of protein... put this stuff out and they are hitting like candy!! Trail cams are full of pics of em on it!

Where's the pics? lol Just wondering how the antlers are developing. I heard are port that they are starting to get good.

Comment

Originally posted by ducks-and-bucks View Post
      We switched over to lyssey and eckel protein feed and them deer took to eating like crazy!! They wouldnt touch other brands of protein... put this stuff out and they are hitting like candy!! Trail cams are full of pics of em on it!
      We have been feeding it for four years and our deer crush it. We have feeders that they are wiping out 700 pounds a month at right now.

Comment

I switched from Purina about 6 years ago and deer doing great and a lot less breakage

Comment

We got some bucks on trail cam rhat have about 4 inch diameter bulbs so far... maybe lil bigger hard to tell but made us all say wow. This is just our first year with deer eating protein tho

Comment

We aren't feeding LE but are deer at hitting our protein hard. This last time we put out 6,000# and it lasted only 3 weeks. So far since mid January we have fed right at about 28,000#. Hopefully all this rain will green things up and save us some $ on the protein.

Comment

Nothing better!!

Comment

What % is it? How much per bag?

Comment

D&B, I had the same experience 7 years ago. Started off with Record Rack and struggled to get the deer to take to it. Switched to L&E and they took to it immediately.

Comment

Using MG 20% apple flavored ST deer pellets and the deer on my place have taken to it better than previous brands. The results are showing.

Comment

Started with the MG with good success and switched to Antlermax and they have gone through roughly 700lbs in 2 weeks....

Comment

I have four protein feeders going and losing about 100# a week at each feeder. More than usual considering all the great browse and greenery our place has right now. Tells me they like it. And, I have my feeders coon proofed. So, it's mainly deer hitting them.

Comment

Seems to be working for us! Good luck sir
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            I have four protein feeders going and losing about 100# a week at each feeder. More than usual considering all the great browse and greenery our place has right now. Tells me they like it. And, I have my feeders coon proofed. So, it's mainly deer hitting them.
                            Please explain this coon proof thing you speak of. I just pulled pics today and I'm averaging 6 with 9-10 on occasion, it will only get worse.

I'm seriously considering setting over my feeder with a pile of bait and blasting them with a shotgun but don't want to spook the deer. I can set out some dukes but that only catches a few per night.

To the op, been feeding record rack a d they're tearing it up, even with all the timely rains I've had this spring.

Comment

Originally posted by josh3 View Post
                              We aren't feeding LE but are deer at hitting our protein hard. This last time we put out 6,000# and it lasted only 3 weeks. So far since mid January we have fed right at about 28,000#. Hopefully all this rain will green things up and save us some $ on the protein.
                              We are in the same boat. I have loaded 6 pallets into the feeders since January. 30000 lbs is a lot of filling and empty bags. Hopefully this rain will help us out.

Comment

Working...
                              X