No announcement yet.

Grand Caymans/ Cayman Islands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been thinking about going to grand Cayman myself. How hard is it to drive and get around on the island? I know it is part of the UK, so I am assuming they drive on the left side.

Comment

Guy Harvey has a shoppe/gallery on the island. We went there and were fortunate enough that he was there. Got him to autograph some prints for us, and spent a little time chatting with him. Pretty cool dude.

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
        YOU have to go to Hell, send ppl postcards etc just to say you went...then never go back.
        Sunset Grill = best fish tacos you will ever encounter in this life. Set up a jetski snorkel trip to get you in the more isolated reefs and look at some big fish. Submarine tour is kinda cool. Thebeach shuts down pretty early, but you can resort bar hop all down 7mile. Also catamaran wine/dinner cruises. Cayman is our wedding/get-away location.

Lobster Pot on the deck is also good grub.

Sry, sunshine grill not sunset. It’s up the rd from the Ritz.

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
          Been thinking about going to grand Cayman myself. How hard is it to drive and get around on the island? I know it is part of the UK, so I am assuming they drive on the left side.
          Easier to just hitch a ride to wherever than to worry about driving + rental. The left side of the rd isn’t bad, then you get into the roundabouts and your brain kicks into overdrive.

Comment

Favorite restaurants for adults would be Calypso Grill and Pappagallo. Ritz can recommend trustworthy babysitters. Yoshi Sushi was also pretty good.
            Blue at the Ritz is way overhyped.

Comment

Stingray city but get a private boat. A lot more fun and less people to deal with.

Comment

We did the tour at Pedro St James and it was pretty interesting.

Comment

Calypso grill
                  The lighthouse restursunt
                  Sting ray island

Ritz is in perfect spot in 7 mile beach

Comment

We have stayed on the opposite side before

Driven around entire island multiple times.
                    Easy to drive

Comment

Off to the right of the Westin , right of y'all, there is a. Out that you can swim out to. That's where a lot of snorkels and scuba guys go. You can walk there

Comment

We rent a car every time. Easy to drive and 90% of your time is driving up and down 1 road on 7 mile beach.

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                          Easier to just hitch a ride to wherever than to worry about driving + rental. The left side of the rd isn’t bad, then you get into the roundabouts and your brain kicks into overdrive.
                          Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

If you dive the Wall is amazing also Devils Grotto lots of giant sponges' I don't know if its still in operation but the submarine trip is pretty cool also

Comment

Headed there in a couple of weeks for 9 days. Originally we were going to Belize, but with Zika present, we made a last minute change last night. Really looking forward to it.

Comment

Bump up...Would like some feedback on lodging recommendations here? Both private and all inclusive.

Comment

Working...
                                X