No announcement yet.

Official 2016 surf fishing thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matagorda next weekend? Have a small group going. Going to cheat and try drop shark baits with a friends drone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, ide love to see that...ha

Comment

Good action from PINS this am in non stop cold drizzle rain. The plan was for me and Breezy to take our families for a while. Well this little front brought unfavorable conditions for the families so we decided we'd go alone. Soon as we hit the surf it looked fishy. Well we landed 8 bull reds from 35-44" and successfully released them all. We also landed 3 small sharks. Cut whiting was the ticket. Good times amigo Brandon. GO COWBOYS!!!

Here are a few pics and a link to my campfire post.

Comment

Nice! Did the reds come from casted baits?

Comment

Originally posted by fishycatfish View Post
            Nice! Did the reds come from casted baits?

Yes sir. All fish caught today were on casted baits.

Ray

Comment

Looks like a dreary day was brightened up by some awesome fish.

Comment

Heck of a morning fishing the surf. BULL REDS BULL REDS BULL REDS!!!!

Good action from PINS this am in non stop cold drizzle rain. The plan was for me and Breezy to take our families for a while. Well this little front brought unfavorable conditions for the families so we decided we'd go alone. Soon as we hit the surf it looked fishy. Well we landed 8 bull reds from 35-44" and successfully released them all. We also landed 3 small sharks. Cut whiting was the ticket. Good times amigo Brandon. GO COWBOYS!!!

Its hunting season so we did our part scouting for deer on the beach. Lol

Ray

Comment

Wish I wasn't on call all week or I'd hit the sand. Looks pretty good the next couple days.

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
                    Looks like a dreary day was brightened up by some awesome fish.

It was kinda miserable but nice in a different way. We didn't sweat or get sunburn but it was a non stop drizzle the whole time. The water temp was also warmer than the air temp so wading out felt nice. Lol

Comment

The surf fishing is awesome in fall! Daughter pulled this red in. I had to hold the rod up while she was in a chair trying to reel it in. We would all laugh when it started ripping line out. She was mad cause she had to start over reeling again. She pushed the drag lever all the way up and started using her fingers to slow the spool. I said no let him run. Determination kicked in and she said NO I want to see what it is! Then was scared of it.

Comment

Awesome!! Congrats

Comment

Awesome!
                          I guess that low gear on the Avet really helped.

Comment

Great shot Mike, and great fish

Comment

Thanks guys. Great memories made for sure. So glad I took up surf fishing a little more serious this year thanks to this thread. Can't wait to start all over again next year.

Comment

What do you mean start over? Best fishing is yet to come

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X