Favorite 16” bolt action rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite 16” bolt action rifle?

Looking for a gun to leave in my side by side. Need a short one for easy maneuverability, don’t care for my AR so I need a bolt gun to leave strapped in the gun rack. Opinions? Thinking .450 bushmaster or a .300blk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id say the ruger american ranch, 300blk. its cheap, accurate and should hold up just fine for a truck/brush gun It also comes in 450 bushmaster if you want to go that caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter2989 View Post
      Id say the ruger american ranch, 300blk. its cheap, accurate and should hold up just fine for a truck/brush gun

That’s what I was thinking, then when I get my cans in it would be perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the American in .450 and it’s great!

Comment

Ruger American 450 bushmaster!

Comment

I Ruger Ranch in .223 I bought for a truck gun. Very accurate and perfect size for a truck gun.

Comment

CZ 527 in 300blk or 7.62x39. Comes threaded and the quality is far superior to the ruger's.

Discontinued 2021. Perfect for use with a suppressor, this handy little 527 has a 16.5" barrel and is chambered in 223, 6.5 Grendel or 7.62x39.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

between those two 450 all the way, every day

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter2989 View Post
                  Id say the ruger american ranch, 300blk. its cheap, accurate and should hold up just fine for a truck/brush gun It also comes in 450 bushmaster if you want to go that caliber.
                  X2
                  I really like my Ruger American Ranch in 300 blackout. Cheap, short, accurate, easy to maneuver, and quiet with a can.

Comment

Short barreled lever action 30-30

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                      Short barreled lever action 30-30
                      My thoughts exactly 30/30 .cheap shells avai/everywhere..Time tested in tough conditions.Small and light enough multi shot..Trapper model..

Comment

Something in 708 or 308, both calibers work well with a short barrel and no since handicapping your self on power/range by going with a cartridge made to fit in an AR when you don't have the action restrictions of the AR

Comment

Ruger ranch or gunsite if you want to spend the extra $$ 308 IMO

Comment

I have the Ruger American ranch in 7.62x39 with a Leupold M8 4x on it with post reticle. Best truck gun over ever had

Comment

I have a plethora of short barrel rifles. If I were to narrow it down one it would be a 308 Win. It can cover a lot of bases and do it well.

Comment

Working...
                              X