X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trumps Budget proposal

I'd love to see this get passed as is but i know it will not
    so hoping for something close.

I have only read a summary of the budget so far, but considering who's already melting down over it (eg: Bernie Sanders, Schumer) I think I will probably like it!

Comment

Between activist judges and an activist congress I am getting pretty bummed out. We want to play by the rules they dont. We probably wont get much done playing by the rules and then when they get back in power they will abuse their power again and ram everything they want down our throats.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        I have only read a summary of the budget so far, but considering who's already melting down over it (eg: Bernie Sanders, Schumer) I think I will probably like it!
        lol, good indicators for sure

Comment

The budget cuts $120 million from the Dept of Interior. Not great news for those of us that like to hunt the public lands of the west. I'm all for cutting some waste but I don't think this budget cuts any entitlement spending (where the real problems are).

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
            The budget cuts $120 million from the Dept of Interior. Not great news for those of us that like to hunt the public lands of the west. I'm all for cutting some waste but I don't think this budget cuts any entitlement spending (where the real problems are).
            Be interesting to see what Zinke says about that. Heck, what sci and other conservation groups will have to say also. I have not looked at the budget nor heard any commentary outside of tbh so far. Last week on the hill everything was about increasing defense spending and screw everything else......gonna be ugly!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

And here in lies the rub. We all want to cut spending as long as it's someone else's program.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                And here in lies the rub. We all want to cut spending as long as it's someone else's program.
                Or cut ALL programs. Not just ones with very little political fallout.

When folks make budget cuts at home....do they only cut the ones that the kiddos won't get too pi**ed about....or do we cut all the areas that need cutting? Republicans have the power right now....do what is right for a change! Not just what keeps you in office for another term.

Comment

Or cut ALL programs. Not just ones with very little political fallout.

When folks make budget cuts at home....do they only cut the ones that the kiddos won't get too pi**ed about....or do we cut all the areas that need cutting? Republicans have the power right now....do what is right for a change! Not just what keeps you in office for another term.
                  Agreed. As a taxpayer, I find it hypocritical that the Department of Defense, which might be the biggest, most bloated government bureaucracy of them all, routinely gets a free pass from political conservatives when the subject of belt-tightening, wasteful spending and fiscal accountability comes up.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                    Agreed. As a taxpayer, I find it hypocritical that the Department of Defense, which might be the biggest, most bloated government bureaucracy of them all, routinely gets a free pass from political conservatives when the subject of belt-tightening, wasteful spending and fiscal accountability comes up.

Entitlements first. Way bigger, like almost 60 percent of the entire budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is what they've looked like for a decade at least.

Comment

Trumps Budget proposal

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                        This is what they've looked like for a decade at least.

Exactly....why would any fiscal conservative want any of the 3 biggest slices of the pie to get any bigger? They are all outrageous. Trump wanting to make the already bloated DoD even more bloated is ridiculous, in my opinion.

Rand Paul was the only GOP Presidential candidate with the cajones to call out Republicans on this during the primaries.

Comment

Wonder why social security is included with unemployment and labor. Social security was already paid for and is not and entitlement.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                            Wonder why social security is included with unemployment and labor. Social security was already paid for and is not and entitlement.
                            Probably because the people who are supposed to collect it and keep it seperate many moons ago decided to spend it along with all the other money they steal from us. So now its just another item in a pot instead of its very own pot

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                              You are a minority my friend. The majority of people drawing from SS and Medicare draw way more than they ever put in, if they put anything in at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X