Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggest Late Spring/Early Summer Family Hog Hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggest Late Spring/Early Summer Family Hog Hunt?

Could anyone recommend a family oriented hog hunt? We would be driving 15-20 hours to get to good hog country from western Arizona. The boys and I will probably mostly bowhunt but my wife might like to shoot one also but she doesn't shoot a bow. The boys are 14 and this would be their first big game hunt. My wife has shot at a cow elk before but has yet to tag something. I have been successful on a few DIY public land hunts but never a private land or outfitted hunt like this. Have yet to take a wild hog and would really like to try this out! Not interested in any exotics or turkey or javi for now, just feral hogs.

We would like to make some very special memories and hopefully put some pork in the cooler. We would probably prefer a low fence atmosphere but a good sized high fence place is probably OK too. Not interested in chasing dogs around or using night vision scopes to get one but am perfectly OK with sitting over a feeder with some lights on. Spot and stalk or walking/driving roads is fine too. Could you guys let me know which places you would recommend for me and my family for a really good chance to kill some hogs? I would really appreciate it!

Merry Christmas!

Let me know what you find. I'm looking to do my first hog hunt along with the first for my 13yo.

Comment

Move this thread over to around the camp fire it will get more hits

Comment

Will do, thanks PEC!

Comment

I'm taking my son (Adult) & 15 year old G-son to Extreme Bowhunting (Brackenville) in March on spring break. Researched & all good reviews. It's 24 hour drive for us. Good prices on Hog hunt.

Comment

If east texas isn't too far look at hunters creek ranch by Vernon but I'm sure there's dozens of places closer!!!

Comment

Thanks for the input guys! We really would prefer a free range place that specializes in HOGS! Keep the suggestions coming, I really appreciate it.

So far we have Big Oak Bowhunting, Extreme Bowhunting, and Hunter's Creek Ranch suggested.

Does anyone else have a place they would recommend? Thanks!

Comment

Lee Bowhunting Ranch, Hondo, TX

Comment

Working...
                X