Just a quick intro and thank you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick intro and thank you.

If you look at my join date, I’m not exactly new here, I signed up ages ago, looked around a bunch and then kinda moved on. In that time I damaged my shoulder and walked away from archery for a while thinking it was a permanent issue.

About two years ago my life flipped upside down, I got divorced, lost my business, pretty much burned everything to the ground and Ive been in the process of replanting since.

While I was cleaning out my marital home I found my bow. 2012 Bear Anarchy and decided to try shooting it again. To my surprise it didn’t hurt my shoulder so I started shooting it more and more. Ended up moving into an apartment and that put an end to my shooting days for a while.

Long story short, I just got remarried and moved into a home in Conroe with a generous back yard and the capability to start shooting again. That’s what brought me here.

But what I found was a group of real people sharing their tragedies and triumphs and lifting each other up and offering help. Pretty impressive in this day and age of social media. This place seems to be a gem in the **** pile.

So anyway, I’m Mike. Most people call me Beckett. I run a small pest control business in the Spring/Woodlands area with my brother. Married to a wonderful woman with two kids and I have 3 daughters from my previous marriage. My oldest has Down’s syndrome which has been a big part of who I’ve become over the years as anyone with a special needs child can relate to.

Haven’t hunted in 8 years but can’t wait to get back out. Just recently signed in on a lease with my brother, haven’t even been there yet. Also plan on hitting Sam Houston this season and trying my luck, be nice to fill the freezer with all these kids sitting around with their mouths open.

Hope to become part of this community over time, seems like a pretty decent place to be.

Welcome to the campfire!! Where is your new lease?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Glad you're back!

Comment

Welcome back!

Comment

Welcome back.

Comment

Howdy

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
              Welcome to the campfire!! Where is your new lease?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              All I’ve been told is that it’s an hour and a half north. Hoping to head up there soon, one of the other guys on it takes care of the feeders and the like and we just give him money toward the feed.

I do know it’s 400 acres and evidently it’s pretty nice. Can’t wait to see it.

Comment

Glad you're back on here. Glad you rebounded from a bad situation also. Good luck this hunting season.

Comment

Welcome back and I’m glad you got back on top in life.

Comment

Welcome back.

Comment

Welcome back to the fire Beckett!

Comment

Welcome sir, life is full of changes, some tragic, some awesome, it's how we get through them and who we turn to when we are in need. God bless you, look to Him for everything.

Comment

Welcome back. You’re at the right place for all things bowhunting!

Keep us updated on your lease. Good luck this season.

Comment

Yes sir. This is definitely the best place to be

Comment

Welcome sir. I have had the opportunity to meet several people from this forum and have really enjoyed the fellowship. You will enjoy it here.

Comment

Working...
                              X