• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miket View Post
    Very Interesting
    are you in the DD business?

Comment

accountant. Regional Director of Finance. I provide accounting support/guidance for 4 locations

Comment

Part owner of a small business my mom and I are trying to grow. I make Therapeutic Cream, Lotion, Body Butter, Foot Cream, Lip Balm, Bath Melts and several other goodies from Goat Milk.....

Comment

President of an Employee Benefits/Insurance brokerage.

Comment

Owner, operator, chief cook and bottle washer of Shiloh Ranch Hunting Camp in Stonewll, OK. (Along with my husband and partner Matt).
            -Cheryl

Comment

Work for caterpillar as a heavy equipment mechanic.

Comment

EH&S Manager/ consultant

Comment

Purchasing Agent for Aramark Higher Education at Baylor University.

Comment

Lineman

Comment

EMT for MedStar EMS in Fort Worth. 2 years so far on the streets under those neon lights.

Comment

Teacher/Coach retiring in 23 days after 33 years

Comment

Sr. Service Technician for a Energy Co.

Comment

Full Time Surface/Ground Water Treatment Operator for the City

And

Small business owner building Antler lighting and home decor.

Comment

Information Technology. i manage a 115 person company with 6 Branch locations from Austin, San Antonio, Corpus Christi & the Rio Grande Valley. Expanding into Houston now. We make around 15 - 20 million a year as an organization - restaurant service and support industry - privately held firm with a single owner. I'm a year older than the owner LOL!

50 service vehicles rolling with HP tablets tethered to IPhones dispatching via AT&T 4G networks (paperless).

Powered by:

Cisco Unity VOIP
                              Cisco Routers, Switches and ASA firewalls
                              Windows Active Directory
                              ESXi Server (private cloud)
                              HP Servers
                              Dell, Mac & HP Tablets & workstations - IPADS & Iphones - all Corporate email enabled
                              WYSE terminals
                              Windows Terminal Services \ RDP
                              EMC RAID Storage
                              Barracuda SMTP Gateway & AV control
                              Exchange 2010
                              Barracuda backup servers
                              TWC Fiber optic ethernet services - private fiber connecting all branch locations
                              AT&T Fiber data center & call center (public IP & DNS)
                              TWC Fiber PRI - Telco voice carrier (secondary Public IP & secondary DNS)
                              MAS 200 Database (CRM & Finance - Inventory & Accounts Receivable\Payable - Point of Sale)
                              SCANCO & ZEBRA technologies for Asset management & Barcode (we have 67,000 parts)
                              Windows 2008 - 2012 Active Directory
                              Canon IF 500 & 1025 Multi Function Printers\Scanners with network storage
                              Efax & Metro fax
                              MS Office 2010
                              RDPGuard
                              Trimble GPS (Fleet vehicle management - mileage\speed & maintenance)
                              ASG-CYPRESS (Document management and Business Intelligence - paperless workflow)
                              Windows 7 & Windows 8

I'm a one man show managing this entire infrastructure by myself and all of it has been rolled out over the past 3 years. I inherited an old early 2000 style single server, single application infrastructure - non virtualized as well as an old Shoretel VOIP phone system. Replaced all of it with much of what I've listed above.

My service guys were rolling around with paper invoices on clipboards with pagers for dispatch notification. Pager would go off, they would read the address and a basic summary of the job, calling into dispatch with a flip phone for details with dispatch. Now they receive an email, the job is sent as an attachment, using Outlook anywhere, with a local application running on a Touchscreen HP tablet (MyTech). The tech simply pulls the dispatch attachment into a service application (MyTech), when received, and the entire job details - including parts and inventory, costs etc is all rolled up within. They fill out the invoice electronically, customer signs the document on the touchscreen, and the client copy is sent PDF via email or efax with a back-end copy to the call center and our backend database system MAS 200. It's billed and invoiced that same day after work complete - all paperless.

Any client using legacy paper based systems, we simply scan the documents into a network share from a Canon 500 to a Windows file server and convert these (PDFs, JPEGS or TIFFS) into an electronic image which gets sucked into our MAS 200 system under the respective client\customers kfile. This is all tied into our Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable as well as our inventory management back-end - all cross referenced and accessible via our 4 Remote Access Servers.

I've got one gal working out of her home in Georgia doing dispatch work for our San Antonio area. She lived and worked for us here but her military husband had orders moving them to Georgia. So she has a local San Antonio cell phone and remote access into our server farm - calling and dispatching our service crew without living in Texas.

In the next 7 - 12 months, I'll hire someone to help me. I have to move my Finance Team from my warehouse & service \ sales center in San Antonio to our Call Center (3 miles) away to make room for a bigger IT shop. I'll move into the existing Finance office area which will allow me to expand office space to support a few folks.

I'm never bored

Prior to this, I served in the US Coast Guard for 20 years. Retired Chief Warrant Officer with a Telecommunications and Information Technology background - Top Secret Clearance 14 years-heavy background in Counter - Narcotics Operations - hence my IT background in today's gig.
                              Last edited by AtTheWall; 05-03-2014, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Flowback Operator (oilfield)

Comment

Working...
                                X