Buck Beans Tecomate seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buck Beans Tecomate seed

anyone planted these? Thinking of planting some this spring.

I have planted these the last couple of years. They stand up well to grazing pressure. I left them in a small area from the previous year and they grew back the next spring. They grew vigorously, however the deer preferred Lab Lab to these beans.

Comment

Lablab was my next choice. Buckbeans says it reseeds for 2-5 yrs. do'nt know if that's true though.
      Originally posted by Mikege1174 View Post
      I have planted these the last couple of years. They stand up well to grazing pressure. I left them in a small area from the previous year and they grew back the next spring. They grew vigorously, however the deer preferred Lab Lab to these beans.

Comment

Like both but didnt have as good of luck as Mike. Some of that could be that I am limited on equipment so I plant several small areas and they wear them out very quick.

Comment

I planted with a two row planter on 32" rows. I usually also put up an electric fence to keep the grazing pressure off until the seedlings get established. The buckbeans continued to come back after prolonged periods of drought. Every time it would rain and the plants looked dead they would start to put out new leaves and vines. They survived better than the lab lab did.

Comment

our lab lab did not do well with the drought. i will try the buck beans next. Although the deer were all over the LABLAB.

Comment

Working...
            X