2017 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
    You can use a live trap to catch them, but it's not nearly as easy as trapping racoons. They won't come to bait, so it's important to know the armadillos path of travel. Set the trap along it's normal path and setup some sort of funnel in front of the trap. I've used boards, wire, or even cinder blocks I had laying around.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    That's probably what I will have to. He seems to being coming under the fence in the same place so it should be easy to funnel him.

Comment

Operation armadillo funnel trap is underway!

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
        Operation armadillo funnel trap is underway!

Hahahaha, that is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck with the trap. Their favorite food is grubworms.

Comment

Got a few peach trees and plum trees planted later than I should. And also planted 50 pepper plants of 7 different kinds and a couple of tomato plants this afternoon. Ready to start picking those peppers!

Comment

Got the Mantis tiller going... did a little weeding for the wife... Two rows pretty much done. Rest is tilled again. If we don't get too much rain Friday, I'll row it up and get the rest of her stuff planted this weekend... Mostly peas/corn, but I think she's got more maters, squash, cucumbers, and maybe cantaloupes, but not sure what all... Already having an issue with some kind of bug cutting the leaves off the pepper plants...

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	24489956

Comment

Mine garden is small going to try and get it planted this weekend. Doesn't look like a frost is coming however I have been fooled before.

Comment

Mrs likes to grow from seed, so the starter pots are doing their magic.

The tomato pot is self watering. Very cool.

The beds are assembled, weed guard fabric added, filled with soil and amendments added. I suspect she will start to move over some seedlings in the next week or so. The neat thing about those atarter pots, is that you just bury the pot and all, it is made from cow poo.

They're really neat. http://www.cowpots.com

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Good look-n start for many here.

How far apart do you recommend plating pepper plants?

Comment

My wife put hers about 18" to 2' apart...

Comment

Got a couple of blooms on my tomatoes plants.
                        Nothing better than home grown, vine ripened tomatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          That's what I did today... put new carb on the Mantis tiller... best weeder for a garden on the planet!.
                          Slick, where did you get your carb? I need to replace the carb on my Mantis.

And I agree, it's a great little machine.

Comment

2017 Gardening thread

I guess I shouldn't have tried to transplant in 20-30 mph sustained winds... they went in ok, no major casualties.
                            Got 15 tomatoes, 11 peppers (7 ghost and 4 Reapers). All my tomatoes are indeterminate, so they're on stakes instead of caged.

The tallest seedling was 33 inches AFTER cutting the bottom 3 leaf clusters and planting deep.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                              I guess I shouldn't have tried to transplant in 20-30 mph sustained winds... they went in ok, no major casualties.
                              Got 15 tomatoes, 11 peppers (7 ghost and 4 Reapers). All my tomatoes are indeterminate, so they're on stakes instead of caged.

The tallest seedling was 33 inches AFTER cutting the bottom 3 leaf clusters and planting deep.

Nice fence!

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                                Nice fence!

Thanks, brand new as of Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                                X