Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are against medical MJ...watch this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    You did not answer his question about your profession and if you smoke at lunch. Curious as to what your profession is and what type of company would would be okay with employees who smoke and would not fire them...not asking the name of your company.
    Lots of companies, LOTS. Maybe not corporations, but small companies.
    I smoke, didn't start until I was 25. Now I smoke everyday, have for 13yrs. I've smoked all day on every job I've ever had, since that time. Never once lost a job because of it, never once got in trouble for it.
    From Electrical to free soloing 1000's of feet on towers, putting new engines on the back of Frac pumps, to building million dollar A/V systems in the homes of DFW's elites. Hell, I would climb 800ft down to smoke a joint on lunch break with my boss.
    It has never made me forget, do something stupid, slowed my reaction, blah blah blah... That's dumbasses who have never smoked before, or they are mixing other things with it. AND theres almost a 100% chance it's a indica. If it speeds me up, how do my reaction times slow? As 1 member mentioned, 1000's of strains, all with different affects.
    I came from the other side of the fence. Raised very religous, churchschool my entire life, never had a tv growing up etc... Church was Sun & Wed and all other nights were revival nights if one was close. There was always one close . For yrs I stood ramrod straight and railed against Satans Sunflowers. Until 1 day, a girl talked me into trying a hit. The realization that I had been lied to my entire life, by people completely ignorant on the subject, was appalling. Taking Ibuprofen isn't as innoculous as smoking a joint.
    Yet we have people currently doing 20yr sentences for a joint.
    Legalize it, and Tax it.
    Do not let big pharma control it.

P.S. - Burnadell I was only addressing you in the 1st sentence. Nothing else was directed as a response to your question. Peace out man
    Last edited by MadHatter; 11-16-2017, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Just curious as I have many friends who are 100% potheads and supporters of the illegal, recreational use and are in denial about their chemical dependency on MJ. They also have purchased firearms.

Anyone care to enlighten me on how that would not lying on form 4473?
      Attached Files

Comment

It'll become legal. Only a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
          Lots of companies, LOTS. Maybe not corporations, but small companies.
          I smoke, didn't start until I was 25. Now I smoke everyday, have for 13yrs. I've smoked all day on every job I've ever had, since that time. Never once lost a job because of it, never once got in trouble for it.
          From Electrical to free soloing 1000's of feet on towers, putting new engines on the back of Frac pumps, to building million dollar A/V systems in the homes of DFW's elites. Hell, I would climb 800ft down to smoke a joint on lunch break with my boss.
          It has never made me forget, do something stupid, slowed my reaction, blah blah blah... That's dumbasses who have never smoked before, or they are mixing other things with it. AND theres almost a 100% chance it's a indica. If it speeds me up, how do my reaction times slow? As 1 member mentioned, 1000's of strains, all with different affects.
          I came from the other side of the fence. Raised very religous, churchschool my entire life, never had a tv growing up etc... Church was Sun & Wed and all other nights were revival nights if one was close. There was always one close . For yrs I stood ramrod straight and railed against Satans Sunflowers. Until 1 day, a girl talked me into trying a hit. The realization that I had been lied to my entire life, by people completely ignorant on the subject, was appalling. Taking Ibuprofen isn't as innoculous as smoking a joint.
          Yet we have people currently doing 20yr sentences for a joint.
          Legalize it, and Tax it.
          Do not let big pharma control it.

P.S. - Burnadell I was only addressing you in the 1st sentence. Nothing else was directed as a response to your question. Peace out man
          ...and peace be with you!

No problem from me. I actually am in favor of legalizing drugs. Prohibition did not work for alcohol, and it darn sure isn't working for drugs. Take the criminal element out of the equation, and a lot of crimes would be reduced. Tax it and let the tax revenue be used for medical care of the indigent or whatever.

I am also in favor of decriminalizing prostitution . A local, reputable (previously), well regarded neurologist was recently arrested in Shreveport in a prostitution sting. His picture was posted in the local paper, looking disheveled with hair askew in his mug shot. His practice is probably ruined for what...wanting a little strange? Who knows, maybe his wife has some kind of issues and can't or won't engage with him, and he needed to go "outside" for uh...satisfaction.

I am all for decriminalizing victimless crimes. If I don't want to wear a seatbelt or motorcycle helmet and willing to accept the risk...why can't I? gubment regulation has gotten out of hand.

Comment

Lmao ^^^^^ This is golden

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              ...and peace be with you!

No problem from me. I actually am in favor of legalizing drugs. Prohibition did not work for alcohol, and it darn sure isn't working for drugs. Take the criminal element out of the equation, and a lot of crimes would be reduced. Tax it and let the tax revenue be used for medical care of the indigent or whatever.

I am also in favor of decriminalizing prostitution . A local, reputable (previously), well regarded neurologist was recently arrested in Shreveport in a prostitution sting. His picture was posted in the local paper, looking disheveled with hair askew in his mug shot. His practice is probably ruined for what...wanting a little strange? Who knows, maybe his wife has some kind of issues and can't or won't engage with him, and he needed to go "outside" for uh...satisfaction.

I am all for decriminalizing victimless crimes. If I don't want to wear a seatbelt or motorcycle helmet and willing to accept the risk...why can't I? gubment regulation has gotten out of hand.
              I agree. What really sucks is when you get pulled over for a seat belt ticket by a motorcycle cop.

Comment

Originally posted by Randell View Post
                Put it in a pill form for those who need it.
                they've had it for years!

Comment

This just in: It would appear that the claim that "No has has ever overdosed on pot MAAAN" seems to have finally been refuted. While not 100% confirmation, it's pretty darn near close. Any argument displaying skepticism against their findings would likely be similar to an argument stating "Smoking doesn't cause cancer, there's just a correlation between smokers and those who develop lung cancer"
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                    This just in: It would appear that the claim that "No has has ever overdosed on pot MAAAN" seems to have finally been refuted. While not 100% confirmation, it's pretty darn near close. Any argument displaying skepticism against their findings would likely be similar to an argument stating "Smoking doesn't cause cancer, there's just a correlation between smokers and those who develop lung cancer"
                    The same thing would happen if the child drank bleach. What's your point?

Comment

potheads will defend legalization of weed until they die!!!!

Comment

The point being, one is and has been known(Harmful effects of consuming bleach) vs something that has only been speculated and not proven (Potential for overdose on MJ).
                        Attached Files

Comment

The point being, one is and has been known(Harmful effects of consuming bleach) vs something that has only been speculated and not proven (Potential for overdose on MJ).
                          You can die from drinking too much water.

Comment

Again...you're deflecting and straying from the point by reverting back to old, known information. I understand your stance "Why does this matter?"..and again I will reiterate that this is ****NEW***** objective information that ceases the speculative/subjective debate in regards to the potential for harm of said MJ.

Comment

Again...you're deflecting and straying from the point by reverting back to old, known information. I understand your stance "Why does this matter?"..and again I will reiterate that this is ****NEW***** objective information that ceases the speculative/subjective debate in regards to the potential for harm of said MJ.
                              No. You are just stretching............very, very hard. You seem to defend poisonous man made drugs, but want to condemn a natural plant. A natural plant that needs no further processing like the coca or poppy plant.

Comment

Ok so we finally have a case. 1. Wouldn't that be sorta like an anomaly? So it's now harmful. As harmful as water? I still don't see your point.
                                You mentioned chemical dependency... What if it's something people just really like?? Maybe like say women, hunting, fishing, etc... I have a buddy who lost his marriage over GOLF!! He wouldn't quit, no time for family etc... Do golf balls have chemicals you get addicted to?
                                Addiction doesn't exist imo, just week minded people. You either do the drugs, or the drugs do you. You do whats right or you don't, simple as that. Anybody can quit at anytime if they want, its a choice you make everyday. Like a fat person with Twinkies. Quit shoving them in your mouth!!! Some things people like more than others, the things they really like tend to be done in excess. If you never check yourself, anything, can ruin your life as quickly as any drug.
                                I quit for 5 months, shaved my entire body, and passed a hair follicle to get in the oilfield. Nothing to it. I didn't sit around all day craving weed, going out of mind. I made a choice to better myself, weed was no part of the equation. Same can be said for meth, crack, coke, any of it.
                                Your father, brother, etc...who was such a awesome person, before drugs ruined his life, was never the person you thought he was .

Comment

Working...
                                X