Can’t tune grizz tricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can’t tune grizz tricks

I started broadhead tuning grizz tricks today and just can’t get them to group with field points. My bow was paper tuned and was shooting perfect bullets. I got viper tricks to fly perfectly with field points but I’d really like to shoot grizz tricks.

Bow is new breed genetics at 69# 28.5”
    Arrows are blackeagle outlaw 300s. Shooting 125gr heads.

When I get the heads flying dead on FPS are 3-4” left. And the opposite when field points are on.

Comment

Can’t tune grizz tricks

You’re going to have to move your rest. If your Broadheads are left of your field points then the rest goes left if I remember correctly. This will bring the broadheads and field points together. Then just adjust your sights and you’re golden. Move the rest in very small increments also

Comment

Yep, paper tuning gets you close. Just move your rest in very small increments to bring them both together

Comment

I’ve been moving the rest but by the time the broadhead hits the POA the field points aren’t.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
            I’ve been moving the rest but by the time the broadhead hits the POA the field points aren’t.

The more I think about it, if your broadheads are left of your field points the rest goes right. Move it towards your field points. I had it wrong in my head, but it has been 4 years since I have Broadhead tuned. The goal is to bring the broadheads and field point to the same point of impact. Then you re sight in your bow to bring your arrow to your target. It can be very finicky, sometimes your local archery shop is the best help you can get with it.

Comment

Spine is a little stiff. Increase your poundage is

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
                Spine is a little stiff. Increase your poundage is
                The arrows do have additional weight up front I believe 50-75 grains. Can’t go any higher on poundage.

Comment

If your broadheads are grouping well, move your sight and go hunting. If you want them to hit together, move your rest towards field point because broadheads group will move faster than field point group. Make sure you aren’t torquing the grip.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                    The arrows do have additional weight up front I believe 50-75 grains. Can’t go any higher on poundage.
                    Can’t remember right now for some reason but, you can fix the stiff spine by either adding or subtracting arrow weight. Since you can’t increase poundage, that’s what I’d do.

Comment

Adding weight will weaken the spine

Comment

Or you could just move the impact of the field points 3-4 inches to the right. Effectively sighting in BH’s. Then shoot a few to double check BH zero and go hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
                          Or you could just move the impact of the field points 3-4 inches to the right. Effectively sighting in BH’s. Then shoot a few to double check BH zero and go hunt.
                          The only way I know to do that is to move the rest, is that correct?

When my field points hit at point of aim my broad heads are 3-4” to the right so I adjust my rest and by the time I get my broadheads to hit to point of aim my field points now shoot 3” left.

Comment

You most likely have a horizontal nock travel issue caused by cam lean. Does you bow have a split yoke on the top cam?

Comment

I'd try a lighter arrow and add 1 " of arrow length out of that bow. Or I'd just try some other broadheads .

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X