Goldtip heavy arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goldtip heavy arrows

Has anyone tried the GT heavy arrows? I was looking at 3 rivers and they had them. I want to set up some big heavy arrows for my 70 pound 30 inch diamond liberty but not sure on the spine to get. I want to put a 50 grain insert and either 100 or 125 grain point on it. I for sure want the 7595s but they have different spines and I cant find a spine chart on them

Look into the 'Kinetic' shafts from GT.
    Smaller diameter and heavier GPI for spine.

Comment

This is an honest question. If you want a heavier arrow why not just shoot aluminum. They are straighter and cheaper than carbon.

Comment

Originally posted by DarrellS View Post
        This is an honest question. If you want a heavier arrow why not just shoot aluminum. They are straighter and cheaper than carbon.
        Aluminum seems to be the "forgotten" arrows from yesteryear. They are great shafts, easy to fletch and build, just not as durable as the carbon. Each has their +/-.

Comment

They have inserts of 3-5-8 grains per inch that slide inside the GT shafts. I have a bunch of grey tubes around here somewhere really ups the weight of the shafts. 3 rivers carries them.

Comment

I have played with aluminum shafts but they are not near as durable as the carbons. I will look into the kinetic shafts. I have never heard of them either. Im really looking for a hard hitting arrow that will last. Thanks.

Comment

I like the GT velocity hunter 300 arrows. They are 8.5 gpi.

Comment

The arrows I use are getting pretty expensive. From what I hear, the GoldTip arrows a little easier on the wallet. I have been thinking about giving them a try.

Comment

Originally posted by deuces View Post
                  The arrows I use are getting pretty expensive. From what I hear, the GoldTip arrows a little easier on the wallet. I have been thinking about giving them a try.

I just paid 45 dollars for a half dozen GT velocity hunter. That was cut, nocked, and also shipping. But it didn't come flecthed.

Comment

Used to shoot high dollar arrows and now I'm shootin gold tips. Couldn't be more happy

Comment

You can buy Gold Tip XT Hunters in black, new in the packaging on Ebay all day long for around $65 to $70. I just saw a dozen of the Velocity Hunters for $55! Granted, these are not cut or fletched, but they come with the nocks and inserts. Cheap in my book. I do not mind supporting a local shop, but when that shop is double the price, that is too much in my book.

Comment

I've shoot GT 7595s out of my Mathews Monster 28" and 80 pound draw and have had no problem. If you are looking for a heavy GT then look at the Big Game 100+. I switched to these to get ready for a Buffalo hunt. I like to have as much kinetic energy as possible and still not lose that much speed.

Comment

Working...
                        X