Deer Stand---questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jusamb82 View Post
    What did you use for the window tracks on the camo blond?
    He had plexiglass from another blind that got replaced. On 3 sides there are aluminum tracks and the back where the door is, it is some white plastic almost like "H" channel. Its a little different but I think it will work. This is a super up close picture.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Welding Teach View Post
      He had plexiglass from another blind that got replaced. On 3 sides there are aluminum tracks and the back where the door is, it is some white plastic almost like "H" channel. Its a little different but I think it will work. This is a super up close picture.
      This is exactly how I do my windows also. I also add a couple of pieces of soft Velcro on the plexiglass to quiet the slide. Works awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Dspivey View Post
        This is exactly how I do my windows also. I also add a couple of pieces of soft Velcro on the plexiglass to quiet the slide. Works awesome!

The plexiglass he gave me to use has a bend in the middle so it is not loose or rattle around. If that makes any sense.

Comment

someone would pay 200-300 for that ... makes it easy to skin and make your own... install a treated ply floor and skin of thin galv sheet OR the like and you have an almost rot proof stand for many years....

Comment

Hey Brother, there’s a lot of blind builds on this site. Search murder mansions

I seen guys using skid steer lifts to raise the on top of the platform. So, you may allow for the forks to slide under the base, like a pallet.

Comment

I paid $250 for a 5x5 stand similar to this(5ish years ago) and I thought it was a bargain. I would recommend doing 4x6 IMO and I would think $3-350 would be fair.

Comment

IMO 1" sq tube has too much flex for a base. We build ours out of 1.5 min and 2" ideally. If you make it, they will come, and pay for quality.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                  I would buy one, depending on the price. I think you would have to price them comparable to the cost of 2x4's used to frame out a stand. If I were to buid one out of wood, a 6x6, I would use twenty four 2x4's. I can get them for $3 each, so that would be $72. Plus the screws or nails needed to frame it up would cost around $50 for me. So, I guess what I am saying is that I would pay $125 for a metal frame like the one in your pics. Is it worth it to buy the metal and spend all that time welding? I could not tell you because I cant weld worth dog poop.

He could barely buy the steel for 125.00

Comment

This is a really nice box. Have had one like this in a past life, never have to worry about rot on the frame. Just re-skin and enjoy.

Comment

Octagon style bow blinds would be nice. Good work sir

Comment

Working...
                      X